We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

who did you book your trip with?

woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Topic
who did you book your trip with?

i am planning a group/family trip to punta cana in august and have been price comparing online. the best price so far for the melia caribe tropical is with vacationstogo.com. have not used them in the past but tempted to this time.

Milwaukee
Level Contributor
857 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: who did you book your trip with?

I used Apple Vacations. Their price may be a couple dollars higher than say orbitz or expedia, but Hotel tranfers are included, plus you have a Apple Rep in your hotel for excursions or problems.

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
885 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: who did you book your trip with?

I always use Apple Vacations too! As favre said, you have a Rep onsite just in case.

Also, it seems you always get a few extras when you book thru Apple - a few years ago I went to Mexico with a group of friends - most of us booked thru Apple and one couple booked thru Funjet to save a few bucks - when we checked in, the Apple group received better room locations, 2 extra dinner tickets, and free premium liquor [wasnt included in the all inclusive]. The Funjet folks had to pay for the extra dinners to eat with us and for their premium liquor drinks...in the end they paid a lot more!

Hope this helps!

New York
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: who did you book your trip with?

Hello..I booked a the Majestic Elegance for August 8-14. It was the newest hotel in Punta Cana. I went thru my travel agent and got $99.00 and night. I compared every site online and Liberty Travel was the cheapest for me plus I have the option paying in time.

Manahawkin, New...
Level Contributor
457 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: who did you book your trip with?

I booked with Apple my first PC trip. We booked with Expedia for upcoming trip this time. i go with the cheaper price.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: who did you book your trip with?

I also use Apple, and probably always will. I know what I get with them and I know I can trust and depend on them. Plus you seem to get better rooms. APPLE all the way!

I actually priced the same place (Barcelo Premium) with vacationstogo and it was $20 cheaper than Apple. I stuck with Apple because I'm comfortable with them. Its a personal choice.

ohio
Level Contributor
645 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: who did you book your trip with?

Apple Vacations here too....used them for the last trip as well. Had the insurance, which ended up paying for itself because of the price guarantee.. The price went down more than the insurance was =) Wishful thinking that it could happen again.. ha ha

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
739 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: who did you book your trip with?

Thomson in the UK, part of the TUI group.

Have heard lots of stories about Apple over-rating hotels.... is this the case have you found?

Lisa

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,572 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: who did you book your trip with?

All-Inclusive Resort Travel

agent - George Evans

George@Resort Quote.com

or 1-800-536-3866

It's always worth shooting off an e-mail to compare a price.

ohio
Level Contributor
645 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: who did you book your trip with?

Lisa, I have not found that...but that surely does not mean it doesn't happen. The places we have looked at, Apple was right on with other reviews and sites...maybe on some of the lower rated resorts?

boston
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: who did you book your trip with?

the past two years i'v booked with TNTvacations.com. i never see much mention of this company on TA. im from the boston area, not sure if its more of a local thing or what, but last years trip went so smoothly with them, from charterd flight, reps at both airports, round trip transfers and daily visits to the resort to handle any bookings or issues, i cant imagine using anyone else. price seemed to be right in line with everyother site i have checked as well. will be at the MC 4/26-5/5 2009, 2 ppl, 10 nights, direct fight, transfers and majestic swim up with insurance on purchurse, all for under $3700 usd.