We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Premium Punta Cana and Apple Vacations???

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Topic
Barcelo Premium Punta Cana and Apple Vacations???

hello...i'm trying to figure out the difference between Barcelo Punta Cana and Barcelo Premium Punta Cana. Apple advetises it as Barcelo Premium P.C. and they do not give you an option to upgrade on their site..does that mean you are already booking in a deluxe newly renovated room already? i want to make sure that i book for the newly renovated room. i've seen on other sites that their room categories are standard, oceanview, deluxe, deluxe oceanview, oceanfront and suite.

if anyone could clarify this for me i would greatly appreciate it.

thanks so much

mina

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Premium Punta Cana and Apple Vacations???

No difference between the two, same place I believe. I was there last March. I would call Apple if I were you because what their offering is prob a basic standard room not the deluxe room your looking for, it would state Deluxe room if it were. Now thats from my personal exp. I've never booked with Apple so I can't say for sure. I booked with sell off vacations last year and they stated the different room categories and prices when I booked.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Premium Punta Cana and Apple Vacations???

We are going to Barcelo Premium on April 25 and booked through Apple. Yes, Apple only offers Deluxe rooms which are the renovated rooms. I verified this with Apple and even emailed Sandi the director at the resort, and she confirmed that we will be in a newer room, and that everyone with Apple is in the new block. Hope this helps!

woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Premium Punta Cana and Apple Vacations???

plunk...thanks so much for the info. that's what a figured apple was offering but i was not sure. i will double check with them anyway.

have you stayed in any other barcelo before? we stayed at the barcelo maya tropical in riviera maya 2 yrs ago and we loved it...only thing was that elevator was not air cond. and was sooo slow. after 3 days we just walked up the stairs while one carried our son and the other carried the stroller.

could you give me the email of your contact at barcelo punta cana?

thanks

mina

p.s. enjoy your vacation in punta cana.

woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Premium Punta Cana and Apple Vacations???

oops...i meant punk. sorry!!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Premium Punta Cana and Apple Vacations???

puntacana.dir@barcelo.com and her name is Sandy Pfeil. She responded to me within 24 hours, which I thought was great. I have not been to any other Barcelos. The reason we chose this one is because of the kids area. We are taking our 5 year old, and the water area looks terrific there. Cant wait!

When are you planning on going?

woodbridge,nj
Level Contributor
345 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Premium Punta Cana and Apple Vacations???

we are planning on going the last week of august. we picked this hotel because of the play area too. our son is 3 and will have a blast there. i'm kind of turned off that they do not offer kids to stay free. when we went to the barcelo in mexico they had that offer.

our other choice is the melia caribe. still have not given up on it but i'm leaning towards the barcelo because of the kids pool play area.

mina

Unity, Maine
Level Contributor
833 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Premium Punta Cana and Apple Vacations???

FYI: We booked our upcoming Barcelo vaca. directly on the barcelo site - if you join their "mi barcelo," which is free, they're offering 30-50% off. We normally use funjet, but the price on the barcelo site was $900 cheaper for our 2 rooms (5 people). We booked club suites, then emailed and upgraded one of the rooms to a Presidential Suite - can't wait now! We're going in June.

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
885 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelo Premium Punta Cana and Apple Vacations???

punkyntif-

I was at the Barcelo Premium PC last October - I think your 5 year old will love the children's area -it looked really nice!

We will be there [group of 6] on the 24th! I booked both trips thru Apple Vacations. When I went in October, Apple was still offering the standard rooms, but we were lucky and got upgraded to the Deluxe rooms. I'm glad they only offer the Deluxe rooms now! Our rooms were very nice!

Enjoy your trip!

Michelle

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
48 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcelo Premium Punta Cana and Apple Vacations???

Mip

Hope to see you there, I'm arriving on the 25th! Will you have any children with you? My son would love a playmate. Just look for a little boy with spongebob swimming trunks!! If we don't get to meet, I hope you enjoy your vacation as much as I'm going to!!

Tiffany

Stow, Ohio
Level Contributor
885 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barcelo Premium Punta Cana and Apple Vacations???

Tiffany -

No children in our group [although some may act like it even though we're in the 40+ range!]

If I see a lil' guy with Spongebob trunks, I'll stop and say "hi" to see if it's you!

We were fortunate enough last time to have a direct oceanview room facing the new pool/children's pool - the view was amazing! I e-mailed Sandy Pfeil to request rooms in that same proximity - maybe we'll get lucky again! If not, at least this time I know we will be getting a renovated room, even if it's not oceanview. After the snow we had here yesterday, I just cant wait to get there and dont really care where my room is!

Enjoy your trip!

Michelle