We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where in Punta Cana for a family of 5?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where in Punta Cana for a family of 5?

Hello there...Were contemplating the idea of going to Punta Cana for the X-mas vacation...Since were a family with 3 kids (2, 7 and 9) the choices are very much reduced...only 3 hotels that will accomodate us...Sirenis Tropicas Suites, Ocean Sand Golf and the LTI...Since our travel agent is family and working for more on commercial trips she cannot give us much info on those 3 hotels...I'm looking around for ideas...I want this trip to be memorable for my children, I donnot want them to have trouble with the food or being sick with that. Whats our best bet? The prices are similar for the 3...so thats not an issue.

Thanks.....Lynn

Alberta
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where in Punta Cana for a family of 5?

Superlinou - i just booked my family of 5 (kids 6,4,1) at Club Med because of the excellent kids clubs reviews. The rooms are going to be ordinary but will accomodate all 5 of us (in adjoing rooms). The resort is close to the airport which was another plus for us having to travel from Edmonton, it's quite a long flight. French is our first language and this resort is frequented by many europeans (Germany, France etc) so we wanted our children to meet other children who may speak french too (there aren't many around here!) We looked into the LTI as well because we had friends who went and enjoyed it tremendously (kids 11,12,14) but the room category wasn't available for us and the time we wanted to go (nov). As for the Sirenis and Ocean Sand, they didn't have what i was looking for maybe you can search for info from other previous postings that might help?? What are your preferences? Good pool, nicer rooms, size of resort, etc...

Good luck

CF

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where in Punta Cana for a family of 5?

Thank you Chickenfarmer for your answer. I did look into Punta Cana's Club Med also. For my little family the price is over the $10,000.00 mark for 1 week...way over my budjet...It would have been lovely cause we also are a french speaking family...but if we start doing vacation that are that expensive we wont get to go away very often...lol

Take care

Lynn

Boston...
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where in Punta Cana for a family of 5?

The Iberostars are affordable and they are incredible facilities.Have used them, never dissappointed.Top notch,really.

I am actually staying at Sunscape beach, sounds like fun for kids I am bringing 2 boys, 9 and 15.I just wanted a change, but will probably kick myself for not staying at Iberostar Punta Cana..