We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence or Royal suites turquesa by Palladium

new hampshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence or Royal suites turquesa by Palladium

My husband and I (each late 30's) are considering a trip to Punta Cana for our 5th anniversary.

We are looking for an all inclusive property with good food, beaches, entertainment, and romantic atmosphere.

After researching various options, we have narrowed it down to the Excellence or the Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium.

The difference in cost between the two resorts is approximately $380, so it is not a major factor in the decision.

Based on the reviews, the two seem fairly comparable.

I would appreciate any pros and cons or comparisons of each of the two resorts.

TIA,

Carol

Gateshead UK
Level Contributor
496 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence or Royal suites turquesa by Palladium

I have not been to the Palladium but if its of any use to you i went to the Excellence Playa Mujeres in Mexico and it was Fantastic everythig you describe that you want from your vacation. I was so impressed with the Excellence brand we are going to Excellence Punta Cana in approx 5 weeks time

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence or Royal suites turquesa by Palladium

We been to Excellence 3 times and also The Royal Suites Turquesa. You cant go wrong with either of them service is top notch at both. If the beach/ocean is important to you the Royal Suites is the way to go. In our opinion we like the Royal Suites better as the beach/ocean is nicer and the ocean is swim-able versus Excellence and all around it just had a better romantic time as couple at the Royal Suites as there is much more to do. We are returning in December for our 2nd time at The Royal Suites.

new hampshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence or Royal suites turquesa by Palladium

Thanks so much for the feedback.

Do all of the rooms at the Royal Suites include butler service?

new hampshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence or Royal suites turquesa by Palladium

Thanks so much for the feedback.

Do all of the rooms at the Royal Suites include butler service?

Hoosier
Level Contributor
703 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Excellence or Royal suites turquesa by Palladium

The resort at Excellence is remote and has no nearby resort in site. It is also farther away from excursions and the airport. I considered going to RS in January but went to Ambar and Excellence. Ambar is similar to RS being that it is an Adults section of a group of resorts. I found that we much prefered the more moderate resort size of Excellence. No tram or trolley to get around and no sharing of resort amenities with other sections. Also the food and service at Excellence was much much better.

I do beleive you might find more activities available at the RS/Palladium complex but it depends what you are looking for in your vacation.

6. Re: Excellence or Royal suites turquesa by Palladium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 05:34