We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IB Grand Bavaro..Galleon harbor not "dirty brown" anymore?

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
IB Grand Bavaro..Galleon harbor not "dirty brown" anymore?

I just read the latest review on the Iberostar Grand Bavaro & it looks like from the pictures that they have "fixed "the man mad harbor where the Galleon ship is. The water looks nice, clean & blue..no more dirty brown...looks great!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,489 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IB Grand Bavaro..Galleon harbor not "dirty brown" anymore?

I noticed that, that didn't take too long to fix.

I also noticed the 3 kinds of beer in the fridge, including Presidente and 5 kinds of hard stuff.

mmmm, Debbie

U.S. Virgin Islands
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: IB Grand Bavaro..Galleon harbor not "dirty brown" anymore?

The harbor looks much different than when we were there in March. Glad to see it cleaned up. The root cause of the problem was an enginnering design flaw in my opinion. I hope that has been addressed so the algae does not reappear.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,649 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IB Grand Bavaro..Galleon harbor not "dirty brown" anymore?

OMG I am so freaking excited about going there...too bad it is still 7 months away! Maybe by then the golf course will be operational and hubby can find someone to hook up with while I get a massage...or maybe just chill out and relax with my cocktail in the sun....ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh!

It's going to be tough...but I can handle it....

Oceangirl

xoxoxoxoxo

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IB Grand Bavaro..Galleon harbor not "dirty brown" anymore?

Well..so far it's tops on my list for our trip next spring..we just got back from Riviera Maya and already planning to head to Punta Cana! Keep the reviews coming on the Grand...woohoo!

5. Re: IB Grand Bavaro..Galleon harbor not "dirty brown" anymore?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2009, 04:20