We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Dominican Congress may cancel all flights

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
981 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
The Dominican Congress may cancel all flights

Ok....I just read on another post that the Dominican Congress may cancel all flights FROM AND TO all affected countries. Will they make a decision today????

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Dominican Congress may cancel all flights

I hope so.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
981 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Dominican Congress may cancel all flights

Me too.....If they do indeed cancel all flights we'll be screwed because we didn't get the insurance! I hope the airlines and Hotels will be accommodating to this issue.

atlantic city, nj
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: The Dominican Congress may cancel all flights

Is this a serious possibility? Any idea of a time period?

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
416 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Dominican Congress may cancel all flights

Does anyone have a link to the article about the possible flight ban? I saw the link on the other post about the girl suspected of having swine flu, but I didn't read anything in it about the Congress deciding to ban flights. Unless my Spanish is a lot worse than I think it is...

Thanks! :)

-Lori

Vermont
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Dominican Congress may cancel all flights

oh great..We're set to arrive on May 12 for our wedding..

Level Contributor
719 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: The Dominican Congress may cancel all flights

I hope this doesn't happen. It will disappoint me no end and have a huge impact on the Dominican economy. :~(

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Dominican Congress may cancel all flights

In all fairness, I don't think that's the biggest worry of all...

We are againts an epidemic that could spread wordlwide and I agreer that one way to stop it from affecting one whole nation is cancelling trips to & from countries that have cases reported.

Look at this supposed case in DR. She arrived from Mexico, jus the same with the cases in Canada... In maxico they closed down schools, restaurants, and all normal activities.

I am worried because I don't know HOW PREPARED CAN BE THE DR to front an epidemic like this.

It can be fatal as its a country where there is no propper public health that reaches everyone.

New York
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Dominican Congress may cancel all flights

~ It does not appear and is highly unlikely that the US and your vacations will be affected, just the millions from other countries that are now and will be stranded as they try to get in and out and safely home.

When DR congress makes a decision I’m sure someone will post it on the board.

Peace

Lea

Manahawkin, New...
Level Contributor
457 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Dominican Congress may cancel all flights

This would really suck. I need this vacation so bad and it is sooo close for me.

On the other hand I can understand the DR side of this, because they do not have the same or maybe not enough healthcare for everyone in their country and it could be fatal for some.

Feeling anxious now and just want to know what is going to happen.

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Dominican Congress may cancel all flights

What really annoys me about whats going on in DR at the moment, is that while there are chances that this flue will become worldwide PANDEMIC, the Public Doctors in the DR are ON A NATIONAL STRIKE SINCE TWO DAYS AGO asking for higher salaries.

Can you believe it?