We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just got back from Barcelo Dominican Beach - ask me anything

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
337 reviews
Save Topic
Just got back from Barcelo Dominican Beach - ask me anything

Stayed May 2-9. Paradise indeed. Ask me anything and ill be glad to help.

G Man

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just got back from Barcelo Dominican Beach - ask me anything

How was the weather?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just got back from Barcelo Dominican Beach - ask me anything

Couldnt have been better. First 4 days were blazing hot. Then it rained really hard one night and part of the next morning which was a nice break. Rest of that day it was kind of cloudy. Then hot as the dickens for another 3 days.

G Man

Morgantown, West...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Just got back from Barcelo Dominican Beach - ask me anything

hey! we're leaving for there in 10 days.

how were the rooms? drinks? food?

are shots included with the all inclusive stuff?

tell me whatever you can i'm nervous haha!

North Pole, Alaska
Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Just got back from Barcelo Dominican Beach - ask me anything

What did you do? Venture out of resort?

What was the best and worst about the trip?

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
75 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just got back from Barcelo Dominican Beach - ask me anything

If your a drinker,,,,, What is your most embarrassing moment there? Haha

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
396 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just got back from Barcelo Dominican Beach - ask me anything

Would the resport be nice for 2 couples with 4 kids combined randing from 3-14?

Is the beach big? Lots of chairs??

Was there a basketball court and/or sports complex?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just got back from Barcelo Dominican Beach - ask me anything

CorWVU -

Rooms were fine for me and my friend. Just to standard double beds. They have a frig in there which they load with beer/water/and cokes. If you talk to the housekeep you can get more of any. They leave you some fresh fruit for your check in. Put all valuables in the safe. We actually left it open one day and the housekeeper came and told us - nothing was missing. You also have a little balcony which is nice. Rooms stay nice and cold, something too much so, haha. I have no complains but some other people did. In the end, i dont spend a lot of time in the room and when i do i'm blacked out so whats the difference.

Food is good. Had a lot of great stuff. I recomment the beach grill on the other side of the Bahia resturant for lunch. The grillmasters name is Dionecio and he is awesome. Breakfast buffet is good and the guy making omelets has it down to a science. Make friends with all the bartenders, they are good people. Especially Wilton out at the beach bar. Shots are included but i mostly drank the beer which was wonderful and then mix drinks. They are slightly weaker than what i'm used to but they will spice them up if you request and when you start drinking at 9 am you dont want doubles anyhow, haha.

Go and have a great time. The Dominicans are a great people and the staff at the resort makes you feel wonderful. Its an awesome time. PM me or ask me anything else you want to know.

G Man

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just got back from Barcelo Dominican Beach - ask me anything

mxl180 -

We never ventured out of the resort. A bunch of people were going to a local bar one night and i wanted to go but it didnt work out. We didnt take any of the escursions either. We were always hanging on the beach drinking, playing beach volleyball or something of that nature. Even though we really didnt do anything, time flew by. I guess thats the way it is on vacation.

Best part of the trip is the beauty of the area, meeting all the people from around the world, and the friendliness of the staff.

Worst part - some of the vacationeers, typically Europeans, from my experience, are rude to the staff which i find revolting since they are so accomodating and kind to people. Some folks will complain about anything.

G Man

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just got back from Barcelo Dominican Beach - ask me anything

KenBean -

I'm a drinker, but i never get embarassed. However, there were very many funny stories from my travels. You would have had to been there, haha.

G Man

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
746 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just got back from Barcelo Dominican Beach - ask me anything

gtown -

The beach is big, yes. That is when you include all the area the chairs cover. There were PLENTY of chair but that may be because it was down season and the resort wasnt anywhere near capacity. In any event, there were always MANY chairs available. After the chairs end, there is a small stretch of beach down to the water, enough room to throw a ball around and what not, play futbol, etc. The water is shallow for quite a ways out and nice and clear/clean.

Is it good for couple here? Yes. I would say most of the guest are couples. Good for kids? I dont know really, depends on your kids. If i was a kid, i would love it there because i love the beach. Other kids may not. They do have basketball but it was one hoop and the rim was bent. Never played on it. They have tennis courts and i saw them but didnt play there either. They have a ping pong table and pool tables. We played sand volleyball A LOT and it was a great time but it was competitive games with adults. I see this more as a couples get away than a family vacation but if its the right family it could be great for sure.

G Man