We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples Only?

Livonia, MI
3 posts
Save Topic
Couples Only?

My friend, my sister and I (3 women) are possibly interested in Excellence Punta Cana in August - - I know it's Adults Only, but is this a good place for us? Is this more of a couples-only, romantic resort?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,400 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples Only?

Hi

Their target market is couples but it also caters for non-couples as well and IMHO you will not feel out of place

What else are you looking for in the resort you wish to stay at?

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples Only?

Excellence is geared towards couples but you will catch a handfull of non-couples. I dont think you will feel out of place but if you want some type of night life thats not geared towards couples i would recommend staying at a adults only section within a bigger resorts. This way you have both worlds the adults only part and the other parts that are not geared towards couples. I think The Grand Palladium complex would work for you. Its has a adults only resort to relax and if you want better night/day life you could over to the Bavaro or Punta Cana side

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
177 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples Only?

I agree totally. The Excellence is a great resort, but the last one in Uvero Alto. If you are looking for some out of the Hotel night live you will have to drive FAR. If you don't care just want the beaches, it's probably the right place.

Saludos

Xtreme Buggy

Livonia, MI
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples Only?

We are just looking for some fun...... although, if you think there would probably be no single men... then maybe it wouldn't be a good idea. I don't want my friend & my sister to be disappointed if they're looking to dance and have to dance with each other!! LOL!

Virginia
Level Contributor
278 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples Only?

I love Excellence but I would not recommend for a group of single women. I found it to be extremely couple oriented which was exactly what we were looking for. It's a lovely romantic remote resort. We met many couples who were on their honeymoon, getting married, celebrating an anniversary, or just taking a vacation away from the kids/work.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,400 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples Only?

If you are talking of dancing other than having a bop in the disco I would look elsewhere as there is not to much proper dancing at EPC

7. Re: Couples Only?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2009, 06:27