We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I am so confused about the Palladium!

Sayre, Pa
Level Contributor
374 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
I am so confused about the Palladium!

Okay.... so I have been looking at many many resorts and thought we narrowed it down to the Grand palladium palace. It looks nice and big, which is what we want...a very large resort with lots of restaurants and bars (if you can think of another place we may want to visit, please let me know). We have been to the Majestic colonial and while it was nice, I would like to try something else.

Anyway, can someone help me understand the difference between the Palladium Palace and the Palladium Royal Suites. I understand the royal suites is adult only, but are they at the same resort? Is there any advantage/disadvantage to staying in the royal side? Is it as nice, nicer? I'm so confused!!

Thank you for any help.

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I am so confused about the Palladium!

The Royal Suites are right next to the Palladium Palace. They are 2 seperate resorts. The Royal Suites are adults only and all Royal Suites guest get to use all Palladium Resorts while the others cant go the Royal Suites. There is a advantage staying at Royal Suites Turquesa and its very worth looking into it. Check out this site as it will answer all your questions...

palladiumaddict.net/PAForum/viewforum.php…

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,872 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I am so confused about the Palladium!

previous poster is correct.

You might look at this map of the complex and then see the complex layout. If you stay at the Palace you can use all the facilities except Royal Suites.

worldisround.com/articles/…photo163.html

after map opens click on ( view full-size image -- 800 x 576) to see full sized map

Tulcea, Romania
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I am so confused about the Palladium!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?q=royal+suites+palladium&s=%20&ff=28&geo=147293&returnTo=%2FShowTopic-g147293-i28-k2795559-I_am_so_confused_about_the_Palladium-Punta_Cana_Dominican_Republic.html

happy lecture!

Mississauga
Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I am so confused about the Palladium!

If you had a choice between the Palladium Bavaro or the Palace, which would you chose, which rooms are nicer,and which pool is nicer? Travelling with husband and two older teens.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
14,872 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I am so confused about the Palladium!

Junior suites are to same in both sections, the Palace would put you closer to the beach, the Bavaro section is much bigger and you could be a much as a 7 or 8 minute walk to the beach.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I am so confused about the Palladium!

many say the Bavaro section has the most amenities more a la cartes, the disco the sports bar............ we stay in the royal section and dont mind walking but many like the Bavaro section because many things are located there, the Palace section is newer and closer to the beach

Mississauga
Level Contributor
49 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I am so confused about the Palladium!

Thanks all,

We're actually staying at the Palace. The Palace was not available at the time of our booking so we went with the Bavaro, but I requested the Palace and we got it yesterday. So I don't think I'll ask my travel agent to change it back to the Bavaro. I guess being close to the beach is great, perhaps a little farther walk to sports bar, etc., oh well, I'm sure it will still be great!!

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I am so confused about the Palladium!

yes as a friend of mine says "if its Palladium its all good" have a great time!

Tulcea, Romania
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: I am so confused about the Palladium!

gee, sukie, bravo, no one could of said it better!

two thumbs up!

Sayre, Pa
Level Contributor
374 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I am so confused about the Palladium!

Thanks all for your responses. I booked at the Royal Suites. After reading the differences and realizing there is a tram to take us all around the resort....

I was sold. All adults!! Woo Hoo!!

One of the biggest selling items for me is that we can make reservations at any restaurant we want and do not have to wait in line. Apparently at the Palladium's (here in PC) you wait in line for dinner (none of this standing in line by 8am to make a reservation).