We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will IBK Servicos make a pitt-stop so I can buy booze?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Topic
Will IBK Servicos make a pitt-stop so I can buy booze?

Hello -

Staying at the royal cat July 8-11. Have a private transfer service through IBK Servico's to the hotel. Is there anywhere I can have the drive stop so I can pick up booze/snacks/water/etc for my room? Is this type of request accepted?

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will IBK Servicos make a pitt-stop so I can buy booze?

There is a little beer kiosk outside the airport (just ask your driver , he should be able to point it out)

Maybe try and pre-arrange with them?

That's what we did (with a different transfer company)

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Will IBK Servicos make a pitt-stop so I can buy booze?

what company did you use? would you recommend?

New York
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Will IBK Servicos make a pitt-stop so I can buy booze?

Boston,

~ Absolutely! That’s the beauty of a private transfer … You’re the boss. Stop wherever you like. In fact, the beer is much cheaper away from the airport. So if you want a few cold ones, your driver (Bronly, in this case) will stop where they are cheapy cheapy…

Peace

Lea

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Will IBK Servicos make a pitt-stop so I can buy booze?

Lea,

As always - thanks for coming through with some well-timed Dominican Republic knowledge!!

New York
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Will IBK Servicos make a pitt-stop so I can buy booze?

N/P : >

~ The RC is a hop, skip & jump from the airport. You'll be there within 10-12 minutes. You definitely do NOT need water. They will supply plenty for you. There are a few snacks in room (nuts, cookies..ect) that they will replenish daily. And, of course LOTS of booze to drink.

~ So, unless you want something specific, you really don't have to stop. If you want to bring booze back home with you, you can shop once you get there...

~~Lovin the memories of our Royal stay~~

Peace

Lea

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will IBK Servicos make a pitt-stop so I can buy booze?

Lea, correct me if I'm wrong. Catalonia would be the first stop usually with a group transfer?

New York
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Will IBK Servicos make a pitt-stop so I can buy booze?

margadagio,

Yes, that's correct : >

Peace

Lea

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Will IBK Servicos make a pitt-stop so I can buy booze?

like Lea wrote,

basically that stuff is AI at your resort.

but there's no prob for Bronly's drivers to do a lil turn on the Veron crossing, would cost you at all maybe 4 minutes, so he stops with you at a local colmado for that shopping.

it is always a good idea to advice Bronly about that ahead of time/prior to arrival, so he can plan on that.

but it's never a problem for Bronly's transfers to do a lil booze stop, nd there's no extra charge for such, neither.

and that's not just coming from me, it is Bronly agreeing to such always, he is at this moment sitting with his laptop on my couch here at home, ha ha.

happy travels

Mike

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Will IBK Servicos make a pitt-stop so I can buy booze?

Wow - what a service both Trip Advisor and IBK Servicios provides. Thank you for all the information and for alleviating some of my travel stress. I am a very "type A" personality and want to make sure I have everything covered - especially in a foreign country I have never been to! Just a non-sequitor - but how long does it usually take to get thru costoms in the DR?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Will IBK Servicos make a pitt-stop so I can buy booze?

Hi boston - we have travelled thru the PC airport 3 times and have been fortunate in that we have never been detained and the process was uneventful - as it is for the moral majority - IMHO.

Have a wonderful vacation and enjoy the anticipation til July 8th.

Kindest regards, Leigh