We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PC Mike or Funbuggy?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Covington, Louisiana
Level Contributor
67 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
PC Mike or Funbuggy?

Anyone familiar with both?

I am looking for something similar to Edventure tours in Tulum - personal, off the beaten path, interesting to adults as well as a teen/pre-teen...

igmo

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: PC Mike or Funbuggy?

Hi IGMO

Everyone I've spoken too about "fun buggy" has said it's not "FUN".

No Brakes , Vehicles stalling, driving down busy roads. (not off the beaten paths).

IMO not worth it.

Happy hols

Sparky

Las Vegas
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: PC Mike or Funbuggy?

We just got back on Sunday from PC. We booked through www.xtreme-buggy.com. There were 7 of us and they booked 3 buggys for our group on a 1/2 day tour. There are 2 companies down there, and this one is by far the best! We saw the other buggys and they were driven by guides not the customer/tourist.

Charlie & Angela own the company, they are German Ex-Pats., that have lived in DR for over 12 years. No language problems and Charlie really knows the countryside. If you want a really good look at life off the resort, he'll show it to you. We saw a lot of life off the beaten path, the 'real deal" if you will. Their website has great info about the tours. One piece of advice is bring old clothes you don't mind parting with, you will have a great time and you will get REALLY DIRTY!!! let me know if you have ??'s

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: PC Mike or Funbuggy?

My husband and myself went on the all day trip with Mike on May 11th and had a wonderful time. Besides seeing a part of DR that is not on any other regular tour, Mike is a perfect host. He will cater the tour to your wants and needs. Below is a link of the pics I took while on tour with Mike.

travel.webshots.com/slideshow/572338838omHNrT

I will be happy to answer any other questions you may have about the tour.

Connie

mrssuperbratt

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
148 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: PC Mike or Funbuggy?

I don't know about the fun buggy tour but my family and I did a half day tour with Mike and it was incredible! Mike is definitely one of a kind and what an eye opener for my kids.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
248 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: PC Mike or Funbuggy?

There was a thread on the fun buggy not to long ago, and everyone said how much fun they actually had. The actual fun buggy tour is an all day tour with many different things to see. You may want to search Fun Buggy Tour in the search engine to get more informtion along with the website to check it out. I personally plan on doing this trip in less then 2 weeks now. Yippee!!!

~B

New Hampshire
Level Contributor
277 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: PC Mike or Funbuggy?

Great pics Connie!

7. Re: PC Mike or Funbuggy?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2009, 08:18