We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

48 hours to arrival

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
12,903 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
48 hours to arrival

I know for many of you, the headline above is all about packing, unpacking, repacking and the such! Been through it many times myself!

But in less than 48 hours, i will be taking the trip that many of you have...the birth of my first child!

It is all sinking in right now....for months leading up to this moment it all seemed a bit overblown (a guy thing), but now that the call has been made, it is all sinking in!

By the week's end, I will be a father...life's most satisfying journey!

So keeping this travel related, I am hoping that if we arrive early...our room will be ready. I also hope that at least one hospital person speaks English, as I would hate to misunderstand!

In all seriousness...on behalf of Carmen and myself, I would like to thank the many people who have shown support over the last few months of growth! It has been a new experience for both of us and we seem to have made it through without major conflict or disagreement.

So tonight....I enjoy what will be my last night of being a suy without children! Tomorrow night I will be on high alert, should Camila decide to make an early entry into the world!

Again...thanks to all...the future gets better everyday!

Cheers from the Corner Bar

Punta cana Mike

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 48 hours to arrival

Mike and Carmen,

You are about to enter a most wonderful journey that will truly be unforgettable!

A precious moment to say the very least!

Betcha Camila is just as excited as you both!!! hehe

Congratulations, to you both!!!

Sheryl

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 48 hours to arrival

Hola Mike, Carmen and Camillia!!!

May your days be filled with love, happiness and many hugs!!!

All the best to the three of you as you start the most amazing adventure of life!

All the best

and Many BIG BIG HUGS to the 3 of you!

bb/mt

Stirling, Canada
Level Contributor
799 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 48 hours to arrival

So excited for you guys!! Lots of fun times ahead. My only advice is "no baby has ever died from crying" but at the time you think yours is!! Best wishes from the "Stirling, On" crew on your growing family.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 48 hours to arrival

Best wishes for you and your family. Your life will be changed forever... it's a good change.

Kids grow up fast, savour every moment.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 48 hours to arrival

Congratulation to the both of you and "here here" to the three of you.

So Mike, instead of Sleeman's, Tim Horton's and the like, we should add diapers to the list of much appreciated items!

Instead of Servicios of Rum and Coke, it will be turn taking for the rounds of formula!

Enjoy every moment, and be attentive to Carmen's needs. Even a half hour break to get out and take a walk alone, go have a coffee and read somewhere, or just sit somewhere quiet can feel like the most cherished gift she could get from you. It can get to be overwhelming sometimes and a little break makes a big difference.

Enjoy every moment.

from Dan and I.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 48 hours to arrival

hey Buddy,

pack the pampers,

it's always about packing the right thingy for the right stuff.

so pack lots of pampers.

and btw,

don't forget to pack some bottles of hard fluids for yourself,

it's all about packing,

you will need 'em, believe me,

if not earlier you will need them at least to celebrate afterwards, but you def will need 'em.

life is a journey,

and to travel right you need to pack right.

pack those pampers.

did i mention to pack some hard liquids, too?

pack the right way and that journey will be the best travel ever my friend.

and don't do that deadly mistake not to call me when back in bavaro on the weekend so we can grab those sweet lil greenies to celebrate in our Men's Way, lol.

it's all about packing right.

bon voyage

Mike

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,577 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 48 hours to arrival

Your heart will never be the same.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
403 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 48 hours to arrival

Get ready for a wonderful journey. Congrats, "Daddy."

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 48 hours to arrival

Best wishes from the wife and I! Enjoy your "days off".

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
3,918 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 48 hours to arrival

Mike sweetie - your future is So Bright You Need Shades (as the song goes)

Savour every monent - cause as you will soon discover - time flies when you are marking all the milestones in your Beautiful Little Girl's Life.

There is nothing on earth like the intoxicating scent of a newborn baby - which we will experience again in Dec. as we become proud Grandparents for the 3rd time.

Oh My Goodness - Life is Good Mike - you have Carmen and you are about to be introduced to little Camila - what more could you ask for ----- other than maybe the very successful new business venture to afford little luxuries for your Ladies in your care.

Happy Travels one and all - especially the voyage about to be embarked upon by this wonderful Dominican Family.

Kindest regards, Leigh