We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pic at PC airport???

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
pic at PC airport???

I just read in a review about someone stating that you HAD to stand in the line to get your picture taken with the two ladies dressed in full Dom Rep outfits once you got off the plane before you headed to the transfer for your resort. We were in PC last year, however we arrived at about 11 pm at night so the airport was mostly closed and there was nothing obviously about a line and "picture taking". Is this something new? Can we bypass the line? I just want to get to my resort and lay on the beach with a CocoLoco in my hand!

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pic at PC airport???

Been to PC twice and tried to avoid it the second time...no luck, so I made a funny face. :)

Never did buy the pic..looked horrible!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for La Romana, Bayahibe
Level Contributor
8,058 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: pic at PC airport???

You can skirt under the velvet rope to pass the girls, but it won't save you any time. It is rare that you will get to the carrousel and find your luggage any quicker if you stand in line for 6 seconds to take your picture and process the maze with everybody else. There is nothing about the system that takes any substantial amount of time. The line moves quickly, you get to customs where they take 12 seconds per person/couple and then you turn a corner to get your luggage. If you do it all too quickly, you'll end up waiting longer once there anyway.

I agree--don't hold me up from getting to my ultimate destination! The pic with the girls won't really stand in the way of that. Smiley gamely, and move on!

Kaki

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pic at PC airport???

It certainly is not new. (well in primetime arrivals anyway) I have seen them since 2006 when I had my first love affair with Punta Cana.

I love seeing the "before" and "after" shots.

Before: dead tired from the hectic week and the near all nighter before departure, vampire white (hooked on the Twilight Saga - I am such a kid), skinnier, dressed for North American winters

After: rested, rounder from all that food and non activity, but 12 shades darker, wearing clothes not appropriate for landing in the North.

Ahhhhh the memories.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,155 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: pic at PC airport???

Just walk around the line, last month they were backed up to the tarmac as there were 4 planes in at the samr time. It is not an entry requirement.

New York
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: pic at PC airport???

~~ That’s correct; it’s not an entry requirement and is totally up to you. You can skirt it and go under the rope pass them, or wait on line.

~ While it’s your right to do so, please be prepared to have security that surround the runway and entrance become agitated with you and attempt to place you back on line. I’m guessing it’s in an effort to avoid chaos, as I’m sure everyone feels just as tired and anxious to get to their resort and if everyone did that it would cause quite a back up at the entrance fee terminals. That, in addition to creating revenue is one of the reasons that line exist.

~ I'll agree with Kaki in that no time whatsoever is saved and you won't get to your resort any sooner. The luggage still needs to be loaded on to the belts. So taking the picture and paying your entry fee are time passers while they load luggage.

Good Luck !

Peace

Lea

6. Re: pic at PC airport???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2009, 06:20