We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just back from Maj. Elegance Club Jr. Suite

Allentown, PA
Level Contributor
455 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Just back from Maj. Elegance Club Jr. Suite

Just got home from 8 days at the Majestic Elegance for our Honeymoon. We had a great time there overall. There are huge variations in service. When we arrived our butler was Henry, who was amazing. Everything night we came back to the room to a bottle of wine or champagne and a plate of something. He unfortunately left and we were stuck with Olvideo who did absolutely nothing for us, nor did we see him at all. No biggie really, but other couples we met who had him got no service like we did from Henry. We noticed little things like this when speaking to other honeymooners in the club section. We recieved a 1/5 of baileys a few nights into our trip, but others did not. We received two shirts upon arrival, but no hats. Others got hats and no shirts. Some got hats and shirts. Food was good overall, no complaints really there. Beach is beautiful. Since it was our honeymoon, I think the club section did give us some perks due to henry being our butler, but if I were to go back again, which I wouldn't, the club section gives you nothing more than any other section. You get a sit down breakfast with very little on the menu and a sit down lunch, but who wants to walk all the way back to the italian from the beach and have to change. Unless the private pool is a necessity to you, save you money and stay in the regular section. Bartenders were all top notch and friendly.

I do want to say that take the ratings of the Colonial and Elegance with a grain of salt. We recieved slips of papers from workers with tripadvisors web address and their name to leave reviews. This will obviously draw people to trip advisor who normally would not and in turn inflate the ratings. It was a great time, but would return to the Palladium Royal Suites again before coming back here. Another couple said the same thing. If you want adults only, you will not get it here since you are all intermingled. Royal Suites is cheaper and a superior resort IMHO.

Please feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to respond.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just back from Maj. Elegance Club Jr. Suite

Hi PA. glad to hear your trip went well. Was it pretty busy when you went?

Allentown, PA
Level Contributor
455 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just back from Maj. Elegance Club Jr. Suite

It seemed to get a bit busier the last two days we were there, but if you are in the club section, you will not have a problem getting a palapa on the beach. In the regular section, you better get up before the sun to reserve your chair or you will be roasting in the sun. I guess this would be a benefit of a club room as well. We even went to the beach around 11am and still got a palapa. None of the restaurants were very crowded, however, the one night the steak house was a bit crowded, but only delayed service slightly.

Allentown, PA
Level Contributor
455 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just back from Maj. Elegance Club Jr. Suite

I also wanted to add the the dress code only seemed to be enforced at the italian restaurant. People wore shorts and tshirts at all the other restaurants including the gourmet.

allentown
Level Contributor
352 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just back from Maj. Elegance Club Jr. Suite

Hi Neighbors

I read you review. Congradulation on the wedding. We are going to the Majestic Colonial in Oct. My daughter and husband were just there in May for their 12th Anniversary and loved it. I looked into the both resorts. I didn't feel I needed the special treatment the Elegance offered. After talking to my daughter the original place sounded and looked just as nice. The price was right too. Pat from ALLENTOWN.

Allentown, PA
Level Contributor
455 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just back from Maj. Elegance Club Jr. Suite

The resorts are mirror images of one another. Food I can only assume is identical as well. I really do not see any reason to spend the additional money at the Elegance over the colonial unless you are going to stay in the Club section like we did. Don't get me wrong, its a great resort, but I feel the Royal Suites give you a better value for your money and its a TRUE adults only.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
359 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just back from Maj. Elegance Club Jr. Suite

Question PA? Last year we stayed at the Iberostar Bavaro and around the beach bar area and swim up pool bar area they played music. Do they also have music playing at the elegance?

7. Re: Just back from Maj. Elegance Club Jr. Suite

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 December 2009, 05:17