We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Punta Cana...Good or Bad?

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Dreams Punta Cana...Good or Bad?

Hello All,

I am going to Dreams at the beginning of September for my brothers wedding. I know two separate people that have stayed at this resort and both said that it was not a great resort. However, both are pretty high maintenance individuals. That may have something to do with it.... I am a laid back guy. My wife and I are just hoping for good food, good drinks and good beach. Am I going to enjoy myself?

Also, anyone been to this resort at that time of year? How is the weather with the hurricane season?

Lastly, I was told its about an hour and a half drive from the airport. Is this true? If so, I am not looking forward to that.

Thanks!!

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Punta Cana...Good or Bad?

Over an hour on the bus, grab a few beers at the airport. Just under an hour in private transfer(grab a few beers). Read my review from Jan, my 5th time there.

Will be back for my 6th time in Jan.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Punta Cana...Good or Bad?

Hi there!

Dreams Punta Cana Map and info album

good-times.webshots.com/album/552285463yoWqoD

Have been there a few times and enjoyed myself each time!

I think you will enjoy yourself..I'd be happy to try and answer any questions you may have.

Sept can be iffy...but when I have traveled there in Sept I had a great time!

Happy Travels!

bb/mt

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Punta Cana...Good or Bad?

bbgamer, can you give me a link to that review? I would like to check that out. I appreciate the help. I have to ask about the beers... I have been to Jamaica several times and have no issue bringing beers on a bus for a ride. Is it the same in Punta Cana? An hour long bus ride won't seem as long with a couple of cold beers.

Thanks again!

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Punta Cana...Good or Bad?

We had our transfer have the beers on ice for us.

DREAMS PC is awesome!! Been there twice. Check out my review (click on my screen name and look for the reviews)

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
6,009 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Punta Cana...Good or Bad?

Like Mohito said, click on my screen name and then click on reviews. Once you leave the main airport terminal there is a beer stand to the right. They wrap your beer in a napkin and no one has ever said anything to us. If you take a private transfer they will have beer on ice if you ask(additional charge). The ride is not bad for a really nice resort.

Joliet, Illinois
Level Contributor
153 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Punta Cana...Good or Bad?

Thanks for the info. I am looking more and more forward to it as time goes by. Only a little over 2 months to go!!

Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Punta Cana...Good or Bad?

The Dreams PC is one of my favorite resorts in Bavaro. I really enjoy not having to make reservations for the a-la-carte restaurants and the pool is great because it is big enough that you can find a spot with whatever you are looking for - action, quiet, kids, sun, shade...whatever you want. :)

Taylorville...
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams Punta Cana...Good or Bad?

I have my 4th trip to Dreams Punta Cana booked for Sept 11 to Sept 18. I have gone the same week each Sept & so far we have never had a weather problem. I love the resort. It is over an hour from the airport, but I think it is worth it. I have stayed at 2 others in Punta Cana that were closer, but Dreams PC is my first choice unless ohers were dirt cheap. There are 4 of us going, 3rd time for one, 2nd time for another & 1st for the last. I have been to 2 other Dreams, both in Mexico. They were great, but this is probably my favorite. I love the people there. You will have a great time. I alos have a review & a few pictures. Marilyn

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,988 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dreams Punta Cana...Good or Bad?

It depends on what you are paying and what you are expecting.

We went and we were disappointed - but that was because for whatever reason we were paying DOUBLE of what others were paying. For what we paid, we could have stayed (and have in the past) in true 5 star upscale resorts.

It isn't a 5 star resort when compared to the other 5 star resorts in the area. However, the beach, service, pool and kids club are 5 star....the food and accomodations were not - and those things are important to us.

You say you are a laid back guy and so already you are going with a healthy attitude. Don't expect a true 5 star resort, and hopefully you haven't paid top dollar to go there....and I am sure you will be very happy.

It isn't a bad resort, but it all boils down to value - what you pay versus what you get.

And yes it is an hour away from the airport. People complain about the bumpy and rough ride, some on our bus actually got motion sickness......personally I enoyed it and slept through the entire ride.

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,889 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dreams Punta Cana...Good or Bad?

I disagree with smittygirl (again, lol) DREAMS may not be "5 star" by North American standards...but is darn close by Dominican standards.

-No reservations at restaraunts... +

-No stupid wristbands....+

To me this is way better than some of the other resorts (seeing as how some people tend to freak out trying to make reservations....that they may not even keep!)