We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Carrollton, Georgia
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Jellyfish vs. Captain Cook's

I'm wondering if one of these is better than the other? Are they near each other? Are there other things to do near either? We are planning on leaving the resort one day of our trip and these look like 2 good places to go. Any info y'all have is appreciated. Thanks!

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jellyfish vs. Captain Cook's

havong nly been at the Jelly Fish X2, can't personally comment on Captain Cook, however, from friends who are locals, Jelly Fish is by far much better for food, service and setting. We walked by Captain's Cook a few times, while walking the beach and did not like to looks or setting but then again, you cannot judge a book by it's cover.

They are within walking distance (approx. 45 min) from each other.

You can also combine the Jelly Fish Lobster dinner with a Tropical Storm excursion, which includes catamaran, snorkling, swimmming in a Natural Pool complete wiht floating bar and at the end of the day, Lobster dinner included. All for $85.00/each for the day and dinner. Let e know if oyu need the info for Tropical Storm Sunset Cruise. They have different cruises but we chose this one as it inckuded the diner and is an awesome deal.

Jelly Fish is booked very often for weddings and reception. They even provide a water taxi if you are not within walking distance.

Cheers,

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jellyfish vs. Captain Cook's

typos typos, sorry about that, fingers too fast and no spell check or ability to edit once posted

sorry

Dortmund
Level Contributor
125 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jellyfish vs. Captain Cook's

Captain Cook is very simple, Jellyfish offers much higher quality...

By far the most exclusive restaurant at Punta Cana is the new "El Pulpo Cojo", situated near Hotel Carabela, only 5 minutes walking distance from Captain Cook...

Ottawa
Level Contributor
1,102 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jellyfish vs. Captain Cook's

The Fish!

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,184 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jellyfish vs. Captain Cook's

i have eaten at both and would go back to either one. jellyfish is more classy but still fun and the owner gabriel is awesome!! capitan cooks has good food at reasonable prices and has the kitchen where you can see and smell the food being prepared. go to both and let us know which one you liked the best and enjoy your vacation... ben jammin'

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
119 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jellyfish vs. Captain Cook's

just had a fabulous dinner at Jellyfish. Read some not so great reviews about Captains, so steared clear.

Johns Creek, Georgia
Level Contributor
7 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jellyfish vs. Captain Cook's

Please provide the information for the tropical storm sunset cruise with jelly fish dinner it sounds very nice

glasgow
Level Contributor
109 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jellyfish vs. Captain Cook's

Where are these places you are all talking about?

My boyfriend and I are staying at Iberostar Bavaro and would perhaps like to venture out one day/night for dinner and drinks for a change of scenery. Can anyone give me advice on where to go, and how to get there etc.

Thanks

Lori

Austin, TX
Level Contributor
119 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jellyfish vs. Captain Cook's

we took a cab from Grand Palladiums to Jellyfish. Negotiate the price of the cab first. Was about a 10 minute cab ride south, located on the beach, I think next to Melia Caribe Resort. Probably 15 minutes (?) from Iberostars. Jellyfish was beautiful, open air, and great food. First class operation. Get their while the sun is still up.

Carrollton, Georgia
Level Contributor
27 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jellyfish vs. Captain Cook's

Thanks everybody for your comments! If we do indeed scrape ourselves up off the beach and venture outside the resort, I will let y'all know how it is!