We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No Reservations Req'd for Restaurants?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
110 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
No Reservations Req'd for Restaurants?

Does anyone know which resorts in Punta Cana DON'T require reservations for a la carte dining? I know Majestic has 3 restaurants that don't require reservations, but looking for a slightly less expensive resort. All suggestions welcome!

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No Reservations Req'd for Restaurants?

Punta Cana Princess....One of the reasons I chose it!

Kris

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,880 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No Reservations Req'd for Restaurants?

I believe Ocean Blue also

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,890 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No Reservations Req'd for Restaurants?

No reservations at ANY of the DREAMS properties.

Love it!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
60,762 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No Reservations Req'd for Restaurants?

Excellence Punta Cana but it may be outside your budget

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No Reservations Req'd for Restaurants?

Catalonia Royal Bavaro

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,341 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No Reservations Req'd for Restaurants?

Vegas,

Keep in mind that there can be an advantage to choosing a resort that does require reservations, so it may be wise to keep your options open IMO.

One will quite often find that resorts which do not require reservations quite often have a line up of persons waiting to enter and the wait time can be extensive - have certainly seen this at the more popular of the a la cartes at the resorts. If reservations were required, the wait time is basically non existent.

You can always email the resort in advance with a request and I do stress - it is a request, in advance of your arrival, of the a la cartes you would prefer. This can reduce the chance of there being no seating available when you do book on the first morning after your arrival.

It is an option to consider and one which has certainly worked well for us.

Hope this helps ~

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
1,482 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No Reservations Req'd for Restaurants?

Palladium resorts

New Brunswick...
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No Reservations Req'd for Restaurants?

To fillow up on what Brooklin said. We have stayed at resorts without reservations and they can be more of a pain then those with them. Just because there are no reservations it does not mean you will get into which ever restaurant you want on the night you want when you want. We have waited over an hour to get into a restaurant. This is longer then I have ever had to wait in line to do several a la crte bookings at the one time. If you travel in peak season it can be a pain to have to stand in line at a restaurnt each night. I much rather know that when I go to an a la carte I will be getting in within a few minutes because I have already booked a time. It also can cause alot of bad feelings when you are standing in line and someone else comes up and walks right in because they slip something to the host. We have also seen people ignore the host asking them to wait and just walk in and sit down at the first open table regardless of who was there first!

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: No Reservations Req'd for Restaurants?

We were at Dreams La Romana last month and the No Reservation system was in one word a Nightmare!!..............

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: No Reservations Req'd for Restaurants?

Please elaborate Getaway...It may help some of us.

Kris