We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is IFA villas bavaro worth

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
TORONTO
Level Contributor
335 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
is IFA villas bavaro worth

is IFA villas bavaro worth it ?Even with the stay at one play at 3 ? Never been to punta cana....

NB Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is IFA villas bavaro worth

I have been to Punta Cana four times and have been to IFA and i did not like it at all, but that is just me, if you are going to relax and dont have much more in mind to do, then you will be fine, the grounds are beautiful, and so is the beach, but it is a bit of a walk to the beach where others are right on it. If you are going to look forwrd to partying and having fun, you cannot do that unless you leave the resort which is what we had to do, the shows are awful, the bars stop serving drinks i beleive at 10 there is no disco, it is very quiet......so depending on what you are looking for, it may be right for some, but not for others.I personally was very disappointed.

TORONTO
Level Contributor
335 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is IFA villas bavaro worth

from the sounds of your post id better pass on ifa

NB Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: is IFA villas bavaro worth

Sorry!!!!

Michigan
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: is IFA villas bavaro worth

Hiya Whitehouze,

We just returned from IFA 2 weeks ago and we had a blast!!! There are plenty of activities!! 3 pools (one with swim up bar), the beach is absolutely amazing, and the walk is really only about ten minutes (walking slowly) from the middle of the complex. We were in the Ocean section, and all we had to do is turn left from our building and the beach was right there! They also have a trolley that runs from each of the 3 lobbies to the beach every 4-5 minutes. There are 5 bars total. 2 buffet restaurants, 3 ala carte restaurants and a buffet/snack bar on the beach with a huge deck that converts into a disco at night (runs from 11-3, and was always packed!). There are nightly shows in the villas section, that run from really lame to pretty good, but always involve lots of audience participation, and are hilarious!! The animation staff is great!! They do daily entertainment at both the Village section and at the beach, with Merengue lessons, water polo, water aerobics, etc...they do a great job of getting everyone involved. There are plenty of water sports to do, snorkeling, banana boat rides, water bikes, wind surfing, just to name a few, plus you can take an introductory scuba lesson in the pool and they have a full dive shop on site! You can get massages on the beach, or in the villas section. There is plenty of shopping both on and off the resort, there is an open air market directly to the right of the resort where you can get some amazing deals if you like to barter. I could go on forever, but you have to really try to be bored in this place!! Definately a bargain for the money!! Please feel free to ask any questions, or e-mail me directly if you would like to see pictures!

coppertop_too@hotmail.com

Lyn

bucks county
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: is IFA villas bavaro worth

couldn't agree more with september bride....the place is a bargain meaning its the cheapest of the resorts but for the money i found the food to be great and the location fantastic. if your a drinker i suggest you purchase a bottle of the finest on your way at the duty free store and feel free to drink it with whatever chaser you want because the booze they serve there is cheapie cheapie

NB Canada
Level Contributor
760 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is IFA villas bavaro worth

I agree there is those things to do, my disagreement was as far as partying, and being there 4 times, i finally got to compar it to other places, there is a disco that they convert into, however they play americanized music, not locals allowed, and for some people that is what is the most important, i know when i go, i want a bar that plays latin music, with latin dancing, i know everyone has different opinios, that is what is great about this place!!! you get to hear different views,

Boston,MA
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is IFA villas bavaro worth

Can you tell me what kind of beer they serve at IFA? I love the presidente beer at the other Punta Cana resorts.

8. Re: is IFA villas bavaro worth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 02:17