We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unta Cana princess all suites????

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
TORONTO
Level Contributor
335 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Unta Cana princess all suites????

Does anyone have comments about this place price seems very good? Wondering about the beds around the pool and beach are they included or spa extras? what else in NOT-included if anything? Trying to find a good resort at a better price... Was married at palladium royal suites second to none but way to much $$$$ for what you get thinking excellence or megistic elegance for that $$$ but just not in the budget??? Any info helps. Also how's the snorkelling there.

Thanks in advance

Ottawa
Level Contributor
135 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unta Cana princess all suites????

I am booked to go PCP tomorrow!

I have heard nothing but good reviews on the place...

Depends who are you booking with but as I udnerstand all passengers with Air Transat and Sunwing get a VIP Room which includes access to bed on the beach.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unta Cana princess all suites????

Whitehouse: I had a great big reply for you but I lost my info when I lost my internet connection. so here I go again! I am sure it won't be as good as the first time but here goes

If you booked with Sunwing then you do have the modified vip package which includes the beach beds and the premium alcohol. there is a spa discount but nothing is free in terms of spa services.

You can't compare this resort to the Palladium RS it would not be fair. But the PCP is a small, quaint, quiet, adults only property without the over the top level of luxury but very fair for the quality/price ratio.

There wouldn't be too much to see off shore in terms of snorkelling as you undoubtedly saw at the Palladium as the PCP is 4 doors down from Palladium.

For a budget friendly, adults only property, clean and tropical but not overly luxurious, in the heart of the action, and access to more just by going next door to the caribe/tropical princess, it is a great choice, can't go wrong.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unta Cana princess all suites????

Punta Cana Princess is probably the best bang for my buck I have ever received. There was no ewwww, ahhhh, in this resort. It is small, quaint, and I personally, give it a three star. Don't expect the Ritz and you will not be disappointed. The food to me, in the Dominican Republic, as a whole, is not good or bad....it's okay. There are certain items that I ate that were good and then there were items that were, well....not so good. You will be able to find something to eat. If you are traveling to this resort for the food.....do not book it. There are no oceanfront rooms that I am aware of...it is set up in a semi-circle. If the location of your room is an issue, this is not the place to get a breath-taking view. The rooms are dated but very clean. I did not see any bugs in my room. If you want white sand....you must stay in the area of the Melia....if light tan is okay, it's a nice little beach. Palapa's are right next to each other, so if you desire privacy, you will not get it. There are beach beds on the beach but there is so much activity going on around you that I found it difficult to lay on one. I did see a few people enjoying them immensely. The nightly shows are cheesy and the sidewalks roll up at night. With that being said.......I had an absolute blast. I met so many wonderful people, the staff is outstanding and always seemed to have a smile. The drinks were potent and the room was sufficient. The resort exceeded my expectations for a three star resort and the price I paid.

Spa...we had massages, outside, close to the beach.

They do have a spa and it is not included in the AI plan. Extra fee.

If you choose this resort you cannot compare it to the Palladium, Excellence, Melia but for a "good bang for the buck". No complaints here. I knew exactly what I was getting before I arrived and had a fantastic trip. I was not disappointed about anything.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,852 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unta Cana princess all suites????

I don't recall any light tan sand. It is blindingly white with flecks of pink in it. It would pretty much be the same as the Melia.

Hotels are rated out of 5 stars in DR and PCP is rated 4.5*. I think it is level of luxury holding it back and perhaps size, but small and quaint has advantages. If you combine PCP with the amenities and services of the Caribe next door, it makes for an interesting resort with many options. Life, especially nightlife can be found at the Caribe, and the adults only , calm R&R vibe can be found at the PCP. Best of both worlds.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,562 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Unta Cana princess all suites????

25. Re: Prettiest beach w/ AI hotel?

Jun 18, 2009 11:40 AM

ooh yes Tingy,

the Los Corales is with the neighboured Palma and Melia and IFA and of course the 3 kilometers Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort a piece of beach heaven which could just be described as perfect.

can'be be beaten nowhere i guess.

to show those beach pictures and then bring the friends anywhere else on the beach can only 'fail', ha ha.

happy beach travels

Mike

TORONTO
Level Contributor
335 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Unta Cana princess all suites????

Well I booked it Along with 4 other couples... I hope it works out the price is really what sold me. Bavaro beach is one of my fav's. 4 of them have not travelled to dr before or even been on a plane for that matter! I'm sure as others have said for the price will be worth it. Does anyone have any recommendations ...? What about the other princess resorts should I do or try something there? How are the pools ? Large? I know these are questions I should have asked prior to booking but with my wifes inpulse spending techniques I guess you could say " I jumped the gun!" thanks for everyones help

ps I'll have more questions I'm sure ... Lol

7. Re: Unta Cana princess all suites????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2010, 06:20