We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean Bavaro vs Ocen Sands - which is better?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
251 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean Bavaro vs Ocen Sands - which is better?

I'm narrowing down our hotel choices for new years - based on reviews Ocean Bavaro and Ocean Sands/Blue are sounding good and right for our budget. Don't want really big resorts - both are close to golf (needed for husband and 22/16 year olds).. offer a variety of activities, rooms sound fine, food seems ok - .any comments/preferences for either resort???

Loveland
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean Bavaro vs Ocen Sands - which is better?

Hi straller! I've been to Ocean Blue and it's "awesome!" Please read my review listed under Ocean Sands....."Ocean Blue is Bluetiful!" I have pictures posted too. I loved everything about this great resort! I have other pictures also. Please give me an e-mail address and I'll send them to you!!

loveallinclusives!

toronto
Level Contributor
251 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean Bavaro vs Ocen Sands - which is better?

lovallinclusives - thanks - already have your pics and ready your review...the hotel sounds great - just wondering how it compares to the Ocean Bavaro...have you been there?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
497 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean Bavaro vs Ocen Sands - which is better?

Hi Straller my wife and I stayed at Ocean Sand for two weeks in april.We had a great time.The was food was good.We ate at most of the al a'carte restaurants and the buffet daily.The staff was also very good. The resort was not that busy so we never waited for anything. The rooms are nice and clean.Because the resort is so new the pools are the biggest and nicest I've ever seen.The beach is also nice and lots of chairs and rum to be found there.No complaints at all!! For Christmas and New Years we are going to Ocean Bavaro it's cheaper than Ocean Sand.The same company runs both hotels so hopefully we will have a great time as we did in April.We did walk down to Ocean Bavaro it is a little older but also very nice! If you have questions feel free ask.Have a great time on your trip.

Loveland
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ocean Bavaro vs Ocen Sands - which is better?

Oooooooopppppps!! Sorry, straller, I forgot! LOL! No, I haven't been to Ocean Bavaro but I'm sure it's probably very nice too!

loveallinclusives!

toronto
Level Contributor
251 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ocean Bavaro vs Ocen Sands - which is better?

nomorespeedo - thnx...you're right, the OBavaro is cheaper than either the OS/OBlue...that's why I was considering the OBavaro for the New Years week- do you by chance know how far it is from the Cocotal golf course? Which resort is more spread out? Which one do you think would be more fun for 16/22 year old boys?? I'm a beach person and gather that both beaches are nice - we don't need gourmet food but do want good food - we travel south every year and find that the breakfast buffets are generally the best meal of the day anyway!!

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
497 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ocean Bavaro vs Ocen Sands - which is better?

Hi Straller I'm not to sure where Cocotal golf course is or which one it is.However Ocean Blue/Sands does have a golf course next to its property.About a 5 min walk from the lobby.

Looks like a nice course better be up on your sand play or it could be a long hot day out there.Ocean Blue/Sand looked to me to be the bigger property and in my opinion a better layout. With the hotels or Villas they call them to the outside the pools in the middle stretch from villas 8-10.Villas 9 and 10 are closest to the beach. For the kids volleyball games going on at both all day long it seemed.There was a climbing wall at Ocean Blue.Both had the Hobie boats you could take out or for 10 bucks you can rent a boat and go for a banana boat ride or they will take you snorkeling.There is also a bowling alley at Ocean blue was not open when we where there, but I heard it's very expensive to bowl at the resort. I have to give the edge to Ocean Blue for activities.Although when we where at Ocean Bavaro there is a big sign near the lobby with activities on it planned for the week.The was not activity board at Ocean Blue when we where there. Breakfast at the buffet was also our favorite meal. We always got our fill of food before we set off for our day of RNR. Hope this helps.