We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bubba keg! to buy or not to buy?

liverpool
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Bubba keg! to buy or not to buy?

hey everybody can i have an opinion please or lots of them knowing this forum? we are heading to dreams punta cana on the 22nd of oct for 2 weeks and am trying to decide if its worth buying me and my fiance a mini bubba keg each can get them on ebay for £7.95 each (mine will be pretty pink and his will be macho black!) they are 20oz ones! are these acceptable in resort as have heard varying thoughts on them and dont want to offend anyone or on the flipside is it better for us and the barstaff to have our own? have asked this on another vsite and have been told yes but wanted to get you guys n gals opinions many thanx princess x

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,929 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bubba keg! to buy or not to buy?

You will love Dreams (5 times) and yes, a 20 oz keg is an appropriate size and no problems with getting it filled. Any insulated mug will work to keep your drinks cold. The mugs are nice at the beach to keep the sand out. I have a problem with the huge mugs and the waste I see from them, looks like gluttony.

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
39,389 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bubba keg! to buy or not to buy?

princess,

And there are some great colours too.

camping-online.co.uk/igloo-coolers-coleman-c…

Totally agree with bbgamer they keep the sand out and the drinks nice and cold.

Angie.

London
Level Contributor
413 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bubba keg! to buy or not to buy?

I loved mine for putting ice and water in for the long walks down the beach - stays cold for a long time.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4,210 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bubba keg! to buy or not to buy?

Yes, 2 happy thumbs up from me on the Bubbas. I've used the 20 oz mugs with much success in the past but recently graduated to the 34 oz size when I accidently found them at Target earlier in the year for $1.75 each. Too hard to pass up.

-Brugal

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bubba keg! to buy or not to buy?

Get a 24oz. Dunkin Donuts mug.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bubba keg! to buy or not to buy?

Yes buy some, they are a investment ours have been to Dominican, Mexico,Cuba.

Would not be without them on holiday now!

Cat

Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Bubba keg! to buy or not to buy?

Taking an insulated mug is an excellent idea and acceptable at most resorts. I also agree that the 20 oz size is sufficient for visits to the bar. Enjoy your trip to Dreams, looking forward to reading your review.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,534 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bubba keg! to buy or not to buy?

hate to burst the bubble...but ANY insulated mug will do....no need to sepnd $20 on a mug. Your local coffee shop should have insulated mug that will do just fine....never figured out the Bubba mystique!!!

Cheers and enjoy Dreams

PuntaCana Mike

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
454 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bubba keg! to buy or not to buy?

I think your own mugs are more hygienic too

I've always had the feeling that beach bars don't pay quite as much attention to cleaning used plastic glasses as they should - I once saw them get a quick rinse then used again.

I'm not suggesting for a moment that they do that at Dreams, in fact I'm sure they don't, but ever since I've been a great supporter of bringing your own mugs especially for daytime refrescos ~ salud! :o)

York
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Bubba keg! to buy or not to buy?

We stayed at Dreams Punta Cana for 2 weeks last summer took our bubba kegs but did not use them. They have a waitress service on the beach and around the pool, they came round every half hour or so and would bring whataever drink you wanted in proper (plastic) glasses and you could get a bottle of ice cold water, did not see the point of bringing your own container, and we did not see anyone else using them. I am sure you can use them though but I am not sure when you would. There are plenty of places to get a drink, and at night don't forget the lobby bar (upstairs from restaurant) for bottled beers and cocktails. Have a great time, we did it is an excellent place to stay.