We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP PLEASE!! Iberostar Bavaro vs Majestic Colonial

Covington, Georgia
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
HELP PLEASE!! Iberostar Bavaro vs Majestic Colonial

I need help deciding between the IB or MC.I plan to travel with a group of about 20(children & adults) to celebrate an 80th birthday for my dad.We've been to the Majestic before and loved it. Want to try something new but not sure if the IB is as nice or nicer then the Majestic. Has anyone stayed at both? Which one would you reccommend?

Washington DC
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP PLEASE!! Iberostar Bavaro vs Majestic Colonial

Hands down the IB. I've been to both the MC and IB..been to MC twice and the second time, last May, we decided not to go back. They were just not as cheerful as before. The housekeeping was terrible, although I think they were overwhelmed with people switching from Mexico to the DR because of swine flu. Iberostar Bavaro grounds are nicer and the beach bar is better. I've also been to the Iberostar Punta Cana and Dominicana. Iberostar is a consistent chain...we went to the Quetzal in Mexico a few weeks ago and it was fantastic.

Covington, Georgia
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP PLEASE!! Iberostar Bavaro vs Majestic Colonial

Thanks for your input.I was leaning towards IB but I was a little nervous, because everyone is counting on me to deliver a great hotel. I do have another question though. I've noticed that people have said that the pool at IB is too small for the amount of guests. What's your opinion? Oh,do they have a nice spa?

Thanks for your help

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP PLEASE!! Iberostar Bavaro vs Majestic Colonial

There are lots of threads comparing these two in previous posts on the forum...just use your search on the forum. I believe BobNH and LanceBullock have been to both and have given their comments.

tripadvisor.com/…17555254

Covington, Georgia
Level Contributor
11 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP PLEASE!! Iberostar Bavaro vs Majestic Colonial

Thanks for your help

Washington DC
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP PLEASE!! Iberostar Bavaro vs Majestic Colonial

I'm a beach person so I didn't use the IB pool that much so I can't tell you about crowding at the pool, but I will say that it is so beautiful that I used a pic of it as my screen saver for months. Unfortunately, we haven't used the spa so I can't help you there. To me, the IB is just a bit classier than the MC....landscaping is newer at the MC, so it hasn't had as much time to grow and fill in...more lush at the IB. We actually walked from the MC to the IB a couple of years ago (a VERY long walk) and I was wishing we were staying at the IB as we walked around there. We went back and stayed the MC on a later trip, because it cost less, and I will gladly pay the extra for the IB from now on.

michigan
Level Contributor
315 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP PLEASE!! Iberostar Bavaro vs Majestic Colonial

I was also comparing these 2 resorts. What one would be a good choice for 2 girlfriends, middle 40's, likes to party during the day,go to bed early and wake up early in the morning.? Also, was the Iberostar refurbished latley.? Because it is an older resort.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
328 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP PLEASE!! Iberostar Bavaro vs Majestic Colonial

Garnet-

I have been to the IB twice, never the MJ. Planning another trip for March! We are 2 ladies - 50's and 40's - loved the IB.

We chose this over the MJ strictly based on the design of the bathroom. The MJ looked beautiful also, but when I checked pictures out of this resort ( for our trip in 2007) I noticed the the bedroom has an open arch area that looks into the bathroom area. The toilet and shower are in separate stalls behind closed doors, but you can see into the vanity/sink area. I am early riser, my friend is not, so I knew that situation would not work for us! At that time I had read some people hung a sheet over the opening for privacy. I do not know if that design is still in place, but it was something we considered and to this day, I check out when we book a resort.

At the IB - we loved the beach, the swim up bar, the pool and the people. Their staff were so friendly and went above and beyond! The food was good and we enjoyed the ala cartes and the buffet. I think the room was alittle "tired" although it was very clean, had a flat screen tv and was actually more of a suite as you could step down 2 steps into a sitting area. The resort is set up in separate buildings, with 4 suites in each so you are not walking down long halls to get to your room.

There is a small balcony and we loved having coffee there in the morning. The landscaping is beautiful.

Hope this helps.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,623 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP PLEASE!! Iberostar Bavaro vs Majestic Colonial

Have stayed at the Majestic and it is one of the most beautiful rooms I have ever seen..(standard junior suite)..room 3345.

Have never stayed at the IB Bavaro but have stayed at the Dominicana which is a step below the Bavaro and I have to say hands down the Iberostar food was much better.

Given the choice, I would take the Iberostar Bavaro ....but the Majestic is lovely as well!

Happy travels!

Oceangirl

xoxoxoxoxo

9. Re: HELP PLEASE!! Iberostar Bavaro vs Majestic Colonial

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2010, 04:18