We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good insurence for Romanian citzen

Romania
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Topic
Good insurence for Romanian citzen

Hello,

I wanna visit DR pretty soon but it seems i can't find a good insurence that can cover all our possible costs while we are in DR and not when we get back home; an insurence that includes costs for interrumption of the trip ( because of parents, grandparents death) and that can cover our expenses for the hotel, food, spitalisation, plane tickets if it's necesary to prolong our stay in DR because of illness.

All the insurencesses i have read around here are only for canadians or US citzen.

I want an insurence like RBC for canadians wich i heared is the best. Unfortunelly there is no posibillity for citzen other than canadins to purchase one.

I am very willing on paying more money on a good insurence that can give me peace of mind.

In my country (Romania- East Europe)i can't find this kind of insurence (they only have cheap standard insurrences wich do not includes anything above) so that's why i need help.

Thank you

P.S.: I am just 2 weeks and half away from leaving for DR and i am very worried.

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good insurence for Romanian citzen

Do you have VISA or ,MASTERCARD in Europe? Usually able to purchase through them. I' will keep looking!

-mohito

Romania
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good insurence for Romanian citzen

Yes, i do have a Mastercard, wich i used to pay various services for Paris (hotel booking, train tickets) through internet.

Thank you

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good insurence for Romanian citzen

They should be able to help you.

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
454 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Good insurence for Romanian citzen

Hi Grumette40

I see you have your concerns spread over two different threads

I understand your worry and you have a very genuine query

Unfortunately it's doubtful the TA community here will have the answer you're looking for. You need to find out what other Romanian travellers do who are in the same situation.

In the US, UK & Canada we can get insurance for whatever we want - provided we have the funds to pay for it that is. The more you pay - the more cover you have.

It probably isn't quite so simple where you are located - but if you have any friends or aquaintances who travel a lot then they may have more information on insurance for you. If you did buy insurance outside of your country I would expect it could be difficult making a claim for compensation.

This has probably not been of much help to you and I can understand your frustration. I sincerely hope you find a satisfactory solution.

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good insurence for Romanian citzen

Grumette I have the solution for you.

You can defeetelly book an internationa insurance through internet with "SOS International", which is the biggest insurance compay in the world, and I know for fact it works PERFECTLY in the Punta Cana are, with Hospiten.

I currently have that insurance myself, and its the one I always ecommend to everyone traelling anywhere in the world, because Ive hade it for 15 years and its always worked perfectly for me and my family in Spain.

I guarantee you that, in the eventuality that you'd needed medical assistamce, you woudn't have to spend a penny from your own money, as they cover 100% here, directly with the clinic. (The reason why is because SOS International has and agreement/contract with Hospiten, and the client NEVER has to pay anything )

Other insurances, including credit cards insurances, work with "refund", which means that you'd have to pay to the clinic first, and then they refund you. At least it works like that in DR, as the dominican clinics don't have stablished contracts with tose insurances.

You can look and book with SOS International here:http://www.internationalsos.com/en/index.htm?CFID=23668096&CFTOKEN=29014380

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good insurence for Romanian citzen

Grumette said: "I want an insurence like RBC for canadians wich i heared is the best. Unfortunelly there is no posibillity for citzen other than canadins to purchase one."

In my opinion and experience working with an international private clinic group, that insurance company can't be called "the best" really.

An insurance company that only offers insurance to one nationality, simply can't be the best.

"The best" should be one present with corporate offices throughout the world, with medical staff and equipment ready anywhere in the globe, own airplane ambulances even, it should defenetelly take all citizens no matter their nationality (after all, the world is bigger than three countries...LOL!)

The best should be one who's capable and WILLING to cover absolutelly every penny ON DESTINATION, and take that worrys away from the injured/ill/sick person.

Ive seen many "great" insurance companies work their way here in DR, and many have defenetelly left their reputation in the ground over a cheap bank check....

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
454 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Good insurence for Romanian citzen

That's great Monica, I never realized they sold cover internationally on line like this - Grumette40, this looks like what you need!

Please let us know how you get on - and wherever you're staying have a fantastic time.

I look forward to hearing back from you

Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
454 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Good insurence for Romanian citzen

Monica, I had heard of companies like Mondial but I thought they were just assistance companies appointed by ins. companies in the event of a claim to handle the admin side of the claim in whatever country it was needed - I never realized they were an actual insurance company per se.

Let's hope this puts Grumette's mide at ease

Thanks again :0)

Romania
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Good insurence for Romanian citzen

Thank you guys.. u've been so kind and understanding.

Monica... you are the best.

I am checking all the stipulations and evrything else with International SOS.

At a first look, evrything looks great, but i wanna study it very good this weekend.

10. Re: Good insurence for Romanian citzen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2010, 05:21