We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passports

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Passports

It's been a few years since we last visited DR.Do we require passports now ? Can't wait to get back on the beach in Punta Cana.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Passports

absolutely you need passports!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,288 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Passports

Depends what country you are returning too, if it's the US then Yes, if it's Canada then No.

Hamilton, Canada
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Passports

Thanks debinatore

We will be returnig back to Canada

Montreal
Level Contributor
823 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Passports

let me get this straight. Since I'm planning my wedding and most of our guest will being getting their passport done.

We live in Montreal. So my guest that don't already have a pasport, wont need to get one? What would they need?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,288 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Passports

It's great to have one but no one need panic if they don't when re-entering Canada.

Go to the Canada Passport website for more accurate up-to-date information. For sure you need a Driver's License and something else.

Cheers, Debbie

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,288 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Passports

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/index.aspx

"Canadian citizens returning to Canada who present other documents, such as a Certificate of Canadian Citizenship, birth certificate, provincial driver's license."

I should add though, if there's time I would get one because it's just so much easier to pull out for identification etc. Plus, even land travel to the US now requires a passport.

Cheers, Debbie

Montreal
Level Contributor
823 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Passports

thanks so much for the info!!!

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Passports

No Passport needed when leaving from Canada (and returning to)

However...should your plane be diverted to an alternate landing due to an unforseen emergency(sickness or something) ...in the US for example, you will need a passsport do to anything. Without it you will be S.O.L.

Not needed, but recomended.

Montreal
Level Contributor
823 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Passports

since we are on the pasport subject let me get all of your advice. Back when I first got my pastport I was on meds, it was a steriod (to burn away ucler's from crohn's disease) it made me gain weight. I normaly weight 100-110lbs (cause of the crohn's) the meds in the end made me weigh 145lbs but it's not normal fat it was a balloon, moon face. I never had a problem with my passport when I travel with the FI but in May I went on a solo trip to Cuba. And she almost didn't allow me in, She argued with me for 20 mins saying my passport pic wasn't me, so of course she wanted other id, but my other id's are all me skinny because of the time of taking the meds.

I went to the passport office, and she said I would have to pay in full for another one. It is up to me if I want to change it.

Do you guys think I should chage it? Or leave it the way it is and hope no one botheres me going into DR for my wedding!! ?

Thanks for any advice/input in advance!

10. Re: Passports

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2010, 06:33