We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

captain cook seafood restaurants

Cornwall
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
captain cook seafood restaurants

Hi there going to Punta Cana Jan 2010 can anyone let me know if they have been to captain cooks seafood restaurant, what you think and how much does it cost.

All the best

Mike.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,444 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: captain cook seafood restaurants

Went to Captian Cook resturant last year, booked with one of the guys who sell the restutant on the beach in front of the Melia.

I belive we paid 80 usd per couple ( if my memory is correct) i do recall we got the price down as we started off as 4 of us then we got our party us to 6 people.

The price included transport to the resturant and our meal and drink. We had the Massive sea food platter, which was huge! We had a good time, we are back to PC at the end of the month but this time we are going to check out Jelly Fish resturant.

Cat.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: captain cook seafood restaurants

Was in PC very recentyl and heard from a reliable source that here hasbeen some changes to ownership/managment and the place is NOT recommended. It also apparently is like a ghost town.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,185 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: captain cook seafood restaurants

Can you tell us why it's not recommended?

Cheers, Debbie

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: captain cook seafood restaurants

Yes, would like to know also why not recommended any more? On our last 2 trips to PC we stop in there and everything was great.

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: captain cook seafood restaurants

You won't see me going to Capitan Cook .

I rather go to "El Pulpo Cojo" any time, which is less than a minute away, on the same beach.

Not oly the food is nicer, but the plece its much better and cleaner too.

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
6,723 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: captain cook seafood restaurants

www.facebook.com/profile.php…

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,606 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: captain cook seafood restaurants

I agree Monica...PC has a nice clean funky vibe....slow service, but what else is new??? LOL

Don't know about C Cooks changing ownership, but this time of year...EVERY restaurant is like a ghost town, thus a casual glance is not really an accurate picture.

The restaurant is very rustic and at times...the "cheap meal" ends up costing more than expected, thus be careful with what you order.

My best seafood experience is at my secret secluded beachfront restaurant....all cooked on open fires...always freshly caught and always cooked by one person who has been doing the same thing for decades!

Cheers

PuntaCana Mike

8. Re: captain cook seafood restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2010, 05:17