We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone to Melia? Can you do me a favor?

Twin Cities...
Level Contributor
155 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone to Melia? Can you do me a favor?

If you are staying at the Melia sometime before January, could you check out the tours desk and get some information about the types of excursion they offer and the prices?

Or, if you have recently stayed there and might remember what they offered, could you tell me what there was to do?

thanks a whole bunch!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone to Melia? Can you do me a favor?

I am going next Friday. I'll try to remember to get by the excursion desk and check it out for you.

Twin Cities...
Level Contributor
155 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone to Melia? Can you do me a favor?

Thanks a ton, Boston Girl. Enjoy your trip!

NJ
Level Contributor
280 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone to Melia? Can you do me a favor?

They offered all the standard tours/excursions, that most offer....Catalina & Saona Island, Montego Bay, The Safari, Shopping (Bavaro), Dolphins etc...

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone to Melia? Can you do me a favor?

Samji....I read your post before I left for the resort and I came back with a list of excursions and the prices (though these are the prices through our Sunquest rep, you may be able to find them a little cheaper through other vendors but I wouldn't recommend that...best to go through the hotel tour desks in the Lobby).

I don't have it with me today but I'll bring it in tomorrow and post prices.

Twin Cities...
Level Contributor
155 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone to Melia? Can you do me a favor?

Thanks for taking the time to remember my post and getting the information. I really appreciate it. Some in my party are trying to budget for how much $$ to bring and this will really help them decide on what excursions to plan for.

I enjoyed looking at your photos, too. Thanks for posting them! We are with a big group as well, so we plan to make our own fun in the evenings and during the day. Glad you had a great time.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone to Melia? Can you do me a favor?

I paid with credit card at the front desk with the tour guide,Bavaro Runners was $80.00/person,caribbean festival $72.00...Saona Island $88.00....4 Wheelers Adven $55.00.....Catalina/Cumayasa $82.00.

Level Contributor
1,896 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone to Melia? Can you do me a favor?

I booked with Coco Tours,Hector is a nice guy..i dont know who your tour guide or company is but they all offer the same prices and tours.Take a lot of $1.00 bills...tipping is the norm and they all look out for it.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone to Melia? Can you do me a favor?

Ok, here's the price list I brought back:

Bavaro Runners trip (full day) - Adult - $80, Kids - $40

Saona Discovery (full day) - Adult - $88, Kids - $44

Capital of Culture (full day) - Adult - $65, Kids - $32.50

Bavaro Shopping (afternoon) - Adult - $20, Kids - $10

Monster Safari (full day) - Adult - $85, Kids - $42.50

Caribbean Festival (half day) - Adult - $72, Kids - $36

Bavaro Splash (half day) - Adult - $62, Kids - $31

Tropical Storm (morning,afternoon, full day) - Adults - $58/64/79, Kids - $29/32/38.5

Manati Park - Adults - $25(park entrance)/$70(includes swim w/dolphin), Kids - $15/70

Catalina Island (full day) - Adults - $89, Kids - $44.5

I would skip the shopping trip as my group was particularly unimpressed by this trip and wished they had just stayed at the resort. We went on the Tropical Storm full-day trip and it was a BLAST! They take you on a catamaran out to a shipwreck and then out to the reef to snorkel and then out to a natural swimming pool where they bring out the floating bar and you have a buffet lunch. On the way back, the staff gets the ladies up dancing....worth every penny!

I heard Bavaro Runners was good too.... open top jeep trip to see the "real" DR.

Most full day trips include open bar and a lunch.