We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping Note for rooms in Spanish if anyone wants it

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Tipping Note for rooms in Spanish if anyone wants it

I was reading how some maids wont take your gifts and money if you dont leave a note so I did a search and used a translations site and came up with this.

Este presente es para usted.

Gracias para limpiar nuestro habitación.

Which basically means This present is for you. Thanks to clean our room.

Just thought others may be interested in this so I wanted to share :)

Virginia
Level Contributor
278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping Note for rooms in Spanish if anyone wants it

I ofter write a note with the money left on it. My spanish is pretty bad but it is usually something like

mas agua, por favor (more water, please...)

or instead of agua, I use vino(wine) or cervesa(beer) or whatever you want. :-)

Hamilton
Level Contributor
369 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping Note for rooms in Spanish if anyone wants it

Good tip Faraway, thanks. I have some sheets of blank business cards that I use. I look up variou ways to express my appreciation in spanish on a site that translates, then copy and paste it on the the business cards (in Word) , along with some pretty little clip art. I then print a few on a colour printer and take them with me. I leave one with each tip in my room. People seem to appreciate it. A couple of times, I was even left hand written notes of thanks when I returned to my room.

Anna

Niskayuna, New York
Destination Expert
for Aruba
Level Contributor
3,489 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tipping Note for rooms in Spanish if anyone wants it

Remember when using a translation page, some words have more than one meaning.

"Presente" means "present time."

"Regalo" means "gift" and "propina" means gratuity.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tipping Note for rooms in Spanish if anyone wants it

Make sure on the note that you include your room number, what the items are and your housekeepers name as they will need this for security when they leave the premises........

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,526 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tipping Note for rooms in Spanish if anyone wants it

Sorry forgot to say that it's not that they don't want to take the gifts and they are appreciated but without a note they are not allowed to take anything....tips are fine but if it is a gift you must leave a note......

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tipping Note for rooms in Spanish if anyone wants it

We always left a note saying "Thank you" at the foot of the bed. Seemed to always work.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
122 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tipping Note for rooms in Spanish if anyone wants it

brilliant thank-you Kath

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,768 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tipping Note for rooms in Spanish if anyone wants it

I preprint these at home with our proper name and room number. These are especially handy when giving a "substantial" gift to our resort friends and staff. I also have others that I use for water, beer etc. for the mini fridge and ones that are more specific for certain people.

I print them out on card stock and fold them along the dotted line, and I include the english translation so perhaps they can also learn a little bit of english at the same time.

…webshots.com/photo/2263302690077359999akywxn

Cheers, Debbie

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,768 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tipping Note for rooms in Spanish if anyone wants it

A question I have is this, I know gifts require a note or else they could be confiscated, however, and I always forget to ask this when I'm there, is, how come a note is not required when giving them money, even if it's $20?

Cheers, Debbie

10. Re: Tipping Note for rooms in Spanish if anyone wants it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2009, 13:52