We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Non Stop Direct flights rom Detroit MI to Punta Cana

windsor, ont
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Non Stop Direct flights rom Detroit MI to Punta Cana

Does anyone have an explanation of why you cannot get direct flights out of Detroit MI to Punta cana. You can get flights but you are travelling all day. A Four & a half hour flight turns into a six or 10 hour flight. What is going on?

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Non Stop Direct flights rom Detroit MI to Punta Cana

We are flying out of Detroit MI in February with Apple Vacations. They have there own planes which is USA 3000. These are direct non-stop flights. This will be our 3rd time using them and have always had good flights with no time delays. If you are looking for just the flight and not AI options just google USA 3000 for flight times and dates.

Starwendell

Michigan
Level Contributor
646 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Non Stop Direct flights rom Detroit MI to Punta Cana

Northwest starts their non stop weekend flights the end of November. Not cheap though, paid $912/pp for our March trip.

Michigan
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Non Stop Direct flights rom Detroit MI to Punta Cana

We are flying non-stop from detroit on december 19th through delta. It's about a 4 hour flight.

London
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Non Stop Direct flights rom Detroit MI to Punta Cana

it looks like it is just during high season that they have direct flights. I was looking for one in april and there is none to be had!!

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
63 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Non Stop Direct flights rom Detroit MI to Punta Cana

I'm pretty sure they will have direct flights in April. We used a travel agent here in London and she matched the price that I found on the Aplle website. It might be worth while calling a travel agent to see if she could book it for you. Especially with the dollar being so good I find it is alot cheaper going out of detroit since it's about the same driving distant as Toronto and it is alot easier at the airport too.

Michigan
Level Contributor
646 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Non Stop Direct flights rom Detroit MI to Punta Cana

Yeah Wendell, my Aunt and Uncle from London also find it easier to fly out Detroit than Toronto. Even with the border hassles. Last two years anyways the prices have been much better as well.

London
Level Contributor
183 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Non Stop Direct flights rom Detroit MI to Punta Cana

it is forsure easier and quicker as the airport is much easier to navigate I talked to someone at expedia and they said no non stop maybe I will call apple

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
867 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Non Stop Direct flights rom Detroit MI to Punta Cana

Call customer service for USA300 and they will give you the direct flight dates in April to Punta Cana...they were a bit different than listed on the website when I called a few weeks ago. I believe they even had one direct going at the end of April into May. I had also checked direct out of Chicago in April and one of them was sold out already...April 20-25 ..that suprised me.

~Angie

Ohio
Level Contributor
35 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Non Stop Direct flights rom Detroit MI to Punta Cana

There is a direct flight in Detroit on Northwest that leaves at 8:50 a.m.and gets you to Punta Cana at around 2:34 p.m.Saved $4000.00 for a party of 6 on a travel package from Delta by flying out of Detroit instead of Dayton or Cincinnati,Ohio. Check near-by airports to see if you can get a lower price or a direct flight.

10. Re: Non Stop Direct flights rom Detroit MI to Punta Cana

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2010, 05:18