We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the best hotel for a family with young children?

NJ
13 posts
Save Topic
What is the best hotel for a family with young children?

I am looking for a hotel that I can enjoy and our children can too. This will be our first real family vacation and I want to make sure that there is plenty for the kids to do.

What hotel do you recommend???

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the best hotel for a family with young children?

I can recommend the Grand Palladium Punta Cana from experience. We took our two grandchildren over Xmas and New Years and had such a great time with them. They loved it. The resort is beautiful, extremely clean and offers so much for the children to do. What made it nice was that everything, meaning the beach, pools and buffets were just a few steps from our room. So if we had to go back to our rooms, we weren't walking very far. They keep asking when we can take them again. It was a wonderful vacation.

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,596 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the best hotel for a family with young children?

Iberostar Dominicana!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the best hotel for a family with young children?

What is your budget and when are you travelling? What do you expect in terms of Level of Luxury?

The choices will be endless, but helping us will help us help you.

NJ
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the best hotel for a family with young children?

I would like something in the range of $2000 for 4-5 nights. Something on the nicer side for the adults, but with facilities for the kids.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is the best hotel for a family with young children?

with or without air, and per person or per family, ages of the kids ?

Palladium has choice and is good for kids, Melia also, Dreams PC has been known to be good for kids, but it is located a bit further north.

I haven't figured out what you can get for your budget (and it really depends on the time of year)

There are decent resorts that are kid friendly that are in a lower category also.

Mississauga, ON
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is the best hotel for a family with young children?

I would definitely recommend Dreams Punta Cana for adults and children. They have an amazing childrens program there. Though we have not travelled there with children, we did appreciate to see them so involved. One of the times we were there during Halloween - the leaders of the children program dressed all the kids up in costumes and they paraded around the beach area and through the resort -- sooo cute, kids seemed to enjoy it. I know they also do a movie night on the beach. We've been to Dreams 3 times when it was Sunscape the beach and now going back again Nov 1st.

We have been to many resorts throughout the caribean and have not witnessed a program for kids that would even come close to Dreams Punta Cana. It may be a bit north but so worth it - 50 minute drive from airport.

NJ
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What is the best hotel for a family with young children?

We are looking to spend between 3000-4000 including airfare from Newark. We will probably go in May or around there.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is the best hotel for a family with young children?

I did a very brief search and I think you have a healthy budget. The Palladium Punta Cana, Dreams PC and Melia all fit in that budget.

Newtown Square, PA
Level Contributor
603 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: What is the best hotel for a family with young children?

I agree with Beachqueens, Dreams Punta Cana is a great family resort. I work for Dreams Resorts so if you have any specific questions about the resort, please let me know!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,608 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is the best hotel for a family with young children?

A question...how old are the kids???

Cheers

PuntaCana Mike