We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Palladium compared to ??? help me!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Palladium compared to ??? help me!

I need help,,we need help. Stayed at the palladium palace last year.We are returning to the DR next year (late Feb ,early March) and are wondering where we should go. We would like some place just as nice and around the same price and definately the same beautiful beach! Can someone help?

Thanks

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,319 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Palladium compared to ??? help me!

try Melia Caribe or Tropical

Mentioned in this post
Melia Caribe Tropical
Melia Caribe Tropical
17,637 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Ottawa
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Palladium compared to ??? help me!

I agree - both are very comparable to the Palladiums - we have been to both and I would give the Melia a slight edge on the beach - it is a bit nicer - not as crowded and wider -and the Melia package we had through Transat included golf if that works for you. Enjoy!

Ohio
Level Contributor
212 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Palladium compared to ??? help me!

I thought I read that there is construction going at Melia. Is that true?

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Palladium compared to ??? help me!

If you had a good experience last time, just stay at a different section of the Palladium complex, like the Bavaro section. You know what you're getting and most of all, you have their awesome beach.

Melia Caribe is also beautiful, but I'm pretty sure you will be paying extra$$.

So if your willing to pay a little more, why not book the Royal Suites Turquesa and really be pampered.

Mentioned in this post
Melia Caribe Tropical
Melia Caribe Tropical
17,637 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Ontario
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Palladium compared to ??? help me!

We are planning a trip to the GP Palace in January and are worried about the room accommodations. Some pics from travellers show that the furniture is quite shabby. If you had the opportunity to return to GP, would you chose the Bavaro, Punta Cana or the Palace and why?

Mentioned in this post
Bavaro
Bavaro
Dominican Republic
On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grand Palladium compared to ??? help me!

we have stayed in the PC section ( one night) the royal both old and new, and have toured the bavaro section and have not noticed the furniture to be shabby. to answer the question of where to go, if you enjoyed the Palladium stay there again.........the staff does remember you and they really treat returning guests nice. plus you dont waste time learning the lay of the land.

Ontario
10 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Grand Palladium compared to ??? help me!

Have you toured the Palace section? The pics from the Trivago.com website show these blue dirty couches at the Palace. Is this in the Deluxe or Loft rooms?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
39 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grand Palladium compared to ??? help me!

We stayed in the Palace section last year and it was quite nice. We also like Iberostar, which is comparable.

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
Iberostar Bavaro Suites
10,301 Reviews
Dominican Republic
9. Re: Grand Palladium compared to ??? help me!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2010, 05:16