We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help choosing a resort

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NC
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Topic
Need help choosing a resort

We're planning a trip for next Year in the Spring of 2010. I need to decide between Punta Cana, DR or Riviera Maya, Mexico. We have been to Mexico before and love it but would like to try PC. I haven't been able to decide between the Iberostar or Palladium. Any one been to both? Pro's cons on either of these resorts in PC?

Brantford, Canada
Level Contributor
322 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help choosing a resort

We are also going to the Melia the first week in March.

They have a wonderful kids program with a Flintstone land too.

The resort is very large, however, they do have trains that can take you around the resort.

Good luck,

have fun no matter which one you choose.

NC
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help choosing a resort

Sunnyskies,

Thanks I will check it out.

montreal
Level Contributor
646 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help choosing a resort

was at the palladium palace last march was nice, never been to the iberostar, but of what i have heard you never go wrong with the iberostar chain

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help choosing a resort

we have been to the palladium 3x heading back for our 4th. we stay in the royal suites

NC
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help choosing a resort

we have been to the palladium 3x heading back for our 4th. we stay in the royal suites.

Is the Bavaro nice? I think we have decided to stay with the Palladium. Now we need to decide on what section...lol.

NC
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help choosing a resort

we have been to the palladium 3x heading back for our 4th. we stay in the royal suites.

Is the Bavaro nice? I think we have decided to stay with the Palladium. Now we need to decide on what section :/)

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,559 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help choosing a resort

You have chosen two beautiful resorts. I've been to both. Either one will garner you a terrific vacation. IMO, beach is calmer and prices are lower at the Palladium. Two other items to note is the Palladium is closer to the airport and you also have the little village of Cortecito next door to the Palladium to mix with the locals and enjoy bartering with the vendors. Room accomodations, food and service, I would say are equal. They are both very clean and beautifully landscaped. You cannot go wrong with either of the two.

NC
Level Contributor
251 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help choosing a resort

razel1952:

You have chosen two beautiful resorts. I've been to both. Either one will garner you a terrific vacation. IMO, beach is calmer and prices are lower at the Palladium. Two other items to note is the Palladium is closer to the airport and you also have the little village of Cortecito next door to the Palladium to mix with the locals and enjoy bartering with the vendors. Room accomodations, food and service, I would say are equal. They are both very clean and beautifully landscaped. You cannot go wrong with either of the two.

Thanks! Is the Bavero on the beach?

9. Re: Need help choosing a resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2010, 05:30