We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunwing from Toronto

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
TORONTO
Level Contributor
335 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Sunwing from Toronto

Just wondering if anyone traveled to Pc with sunwing recently? It states in fine print 10 doller tourist card must be purchased as well as the departure tax of 20. Can anyone confirm I've never paid for the tourist card unless it's lost. Friends traveled with air Canada last month and everything was covered even the departure tax?

Thanks in advance, maybe just sunwing

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
9,090 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunwing from Toronto

Yes, with Sunwing you must pay the taxes. They are not prepaid.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunwing from Toronto

above poster is correct my TA made sure I was aware of this fact.

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunwing from Toronto

Sunwing is the only TO that does not cover your tourist visa 10.00 and exit tax of 20.00. We used them last Feb. 09 and had to pay both.

My TA did confirm that they are the same this year 09-10 season.

Strathroy, Canada
Level Contributor
305 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunwing from Toronto

Since you've flown Sunwing out of Toronto were you on the 4:00 pm flight? If so, what time did you eventually get to the resort?

We are leaving Nov 20th and the flight is still listed at 4:00 pm departure.

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunwing from Toronto

There was rumor that there was to be a $5 increase on both the tourist card and the departure tax...

Anyone confirm?

Or are they implementing it on Dominican time?

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunwing from Toronto

Hi islandgirl,

Your 4PM flight, pendng no delays should get you to PC airport around 8.30 - 9pm. About 15 min at aiprot to get your luggage and then customs. no sure which resort you are going to. the 1st resort form the airport is about 15-20 min. and if oyu go to Moon Palace, you are about 1.5 hrs.

Which resort are you going to?

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,833 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunwing from Toronto

Mohitoboy, the rumour may just be that, as of two weeks ago it's still not being implemented.

Cheers, Debbie

Oshawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,898 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunwing from Toronto

Hi islandgirl, just noticed your other post and you're going to the Dreams Punta Cana which is further up the cost. From leaving the airport and depending how many stops hy make along the way, you shold probably allow 45 min to 1 hr. Our 1st trip to PC we left TO at 3.30 PM if I remeber correctly and by the itme we got to the resort it was 10pm or so and into our room by 11pm.

Don't forget your entry visa of 10.00 and departure tax of 20.00. Fees, from talking tomy TA (who is a friend of mine) remain the same, no increases as of yet and Sunwing remains the only TO who does not cover these fees, all others incloude it in their bookings.

Strathroy, Canada
Level Contributor
305 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunwing from Toronto

We are going to Dreams Punta Cana. There is also the time change now as well right? Our flight says we depart TO at 4:00 pm and arrive in PC at 9:30 pm their time (8:30 pm our time).

I figured if all went well with luggage, bus ride we should be at the resort by 11:30 pm PC time - does that seem about right?

10. Re: Sunwing from Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2010, 05:18