We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you upgrade to Ambar?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
Can you upgrade to Ambar?

My BF and I are booked for seven nights in February at the Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro resort. Wondering if upon checking in we can upgrade to the Ambar? I read about people upgrading to the Diamond section of the resort for an additional $15.00 dollars a night. Is that worth it? Would upgrading to the Ambar be worth it as well?

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
12,996 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you upgrade to Ambar?

Beachwedding08,

I sent you a PM.

FYI - the cost to upgrade from the Bavaro to the Ambar is $30.00 US per night per person based on availability. February is not the best time to try to upgrade when arriving at the resort due to it being the highest travel month of the year.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you upgrade to Ambar?

If you can, I would strongly recomend that you look into upgrading now, before you go. The Ambar is head & shoulders above the rest of the resort. No kids, private beach, better alcohol, 3 al-la-cartes with no kids, closest to the beach. While quieter then the rest of the resort, you can always wander over to enjoy the festivities at the other pool, but when you want to relax, head back to your own area.

3. Re: Can you upgrade to Ambar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2010, 05:18