We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving tomorrow!!! Airport step-by step,..por favor

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Arriving tomorrow!!! Airport step-by step,..por favor

I read many different things about how the airport works and how it keeps changing.

Would somebody who has been there recently mind giving me a quick step-by-step of what to do/expect, starting from leaving the plane to picking up my cab (IBK,..for what its worth!)

Like tarmac, customs, pictures, baggage and avoiding porters!, stay to left at exit for cab,...ect,etc.

I hear its an easy process but they seem to change it and make it more difficult and I'd feel alot better looking and acting like a seasoned vet!! haha

Thanks alot!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
14,664 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!! Airport step-by step,..por favor

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g147293-c80052/Punta-…

Any other questions, just ask, I just got back.

Cheers, Debbie

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!! Airport step-by step,..por favor

Thanks Deb, I assume the "tourist visa" is the blue card everybody talks about? Also, the page you gave me says $10 fee to enter DR, but I just read it may be $20. I doubt you know about US AIRWAYS but I figured I would ask if they include it in the flight cost,...and if not is it $10 or $20 if comming from USA? And when I leave I heard US citizens do not have to pay a "leaving(exit) fee",....is this true?

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!! Airport step-by step,..por favor

We always use US Airways to PC. Your entry fee and exit fees are paid in your tickets..You will get your tourst card on the plane just as you are ready to land so you could have it all filled before you get there. Then on return as soon as you check luggage in you will another card to fill out when leaving all fees are prepaid for US Airways

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!! Airport step-by step,..por favor

Im wrong with the entry fee it use to be included in you ticket but its wasent the last time for us.. The Exit fee's are still included in your ticket with US Air

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!! Airport step-by step,..por favor

Thanks JohnandJulie! So basically you just pay the $10 per person entry fee.

But how do you prove the exit fee is prepaid? I guess I should call US AIR myself but figured i would get a "1st hand account " first!

Oh, and do you get the 2nd "exit" tourist card on the arrival flight also, or do you get it and fill it out at the PC airport.

I read somewhere on here that you can pick one up at the airport upon arrival but since I'll get mine on the plane I may forget to pick one up!!

Thanks again.

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!! Airport step-by step,..por favor

Yes all you pay is you $10 fee going in you will get the card on the plane by US Air. We always got our exit cards after we checked in our luggage at PC Airport and get our tickets they know your exit fee is paid as its on your tickets

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!! Airport step-by step,..por favor

Thanks again johnandjulie. I did just confrim this with US AIR and your info was spot-on! Sorry i was too lazy to call them in the 1st place. I arrive tomorrow and the excitment is getting the best of me,....and my nerves!! I just want this vacation to go as smooth as possible.

Thanks again for all your help.

take care!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,155 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!! Airport step-by step,..por favor

the blue slips (sometimes they are white) are different from the tourist card That's just your arrival/departure record. Ask for two per person on the plane and fill out another beforehand as you turn one in to immigration as you leave.

Somers Point, New...
Level Contributor
129 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!! Airport step-by step,..por favor

Is it one card per person or one per family? I will be traveling with DH, and 2 adult kids. Some places say one per family up to a certain number, others it's one each card.

Thanks!

Yulee, Florida
Level Contributor
517 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arriving tomorrow!!! Airport step-by step,..por favor

One thing I did notice in August since the last time we were there is the location of the 'restrooms'. They are now located in the first section of the airport where you pay your $10 entry fee and pass through customs. They are all the way over to the right.... So, if for some reason you need to use the facilities, then that is the time to do it.

After you get your luggage and walk outside, if you go to the right there is a little 'bar' that you can purchase cold water or a cold Presidente for the ride to the resort...and there are restrooms just past that if 'necessary'.

Enjoy your trip!