We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Resorts and Dolphin Tours...

Mountain Top...
Level Contributor
605 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Resorts and Dolphin Tours...

We for one dont support cruelty of dolphins or animals period. After reading some pages on the Dolphin Island and Manati Park cruelty reports its some pretty bad stuff. . I was just wondering what resorts still support these tours at these places, so if you could book a tour from your resort at one of these places they must somewhat support these places..if they didnt that tour wouldnt be offered....

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
5,870 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Resorts and Dolphin Tours...

The problem is most resorts will offer these tours not because they support cruelty to animals, but because of a whole lot of other reasons.

Just because the resort offers these tous does not mean that everyone supports it. If your boss told you to do something, (and it was within reason) you would do it. If the decision comes from a "higher up", then chances are, the rest of the sheep follow because jobs are not easy to find.

If you (and most others) do not support Manati park etc, then the best you can do is not support them directly. An innocent resort worker, living on tips and a little salary is hardly the one responsible for the decision to support these organizations, they are just trying to live. Now if all people who don't support the organizations mentioned above, refused to go to Punta Cana then the impact would be devistating to a lot more people than the "higher ups" at the resort.

I agree with you not to want to support these organizations. I just would hate to make simple people like you and me pay for their boss's decisions.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,033 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Resorts and Dolphin Tours...

Resorts do not sell tours, they sell lobby space for tour promoters.

I will not recommend any of the dolphin tours in Punta Cana..................

Brooklin, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
13,224 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Resorts and Dolphin Tours...

I certainly could not agree more with the opinions/facts presented by both Wud and Dropusaline - I cannot support such exploitation of dolphins.

John

Brooklin (Bubba King)

4. Re: Resorts and Dolphin Tours...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2010, 06:25