We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bookit mystery deal - Gran Bahia??

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bookit mystery deal - Gran Bahia??

Hello All - I'm just browsing bookit when I see a great 'mystery deal' for a PC resort - after searching my dates a disclaimer pops up stating that you must be 18 to check into this resort - so it's adults only which is great!

I look further down at the map and lo and behold I see below the map "Gran Bahia Principe Bavaro" - it looks like tehy've just revealed the 'mystery' destination!

So can anyone confirm that GBP Bavaro is indeed adults only? (I thought that it was not

The listing also states that the property has 1536 rooms, which seems like GBP with it's different sections.

So any further confirmation that this IS GBP Bavaro and any input about that resort and Bookit Mystery deals would be greatly appreciated!

I was just about to throw in the towel for a trip for my March birthday until 2011, but with this one being less than $1200 for a week I may have to take the plunge!

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
497 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bookit mystery deal - Gran Bahia??

The GP Bavaro is not adults only. The only section which is 18 and over is the Ambar section.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bookit mystery deal - Gran Bahia??

that's what I thought! I am wondering how and IF Bookit would be so careless to publish the name of the 'mystery' resort right on the listing - or is it there just to throw us off track??

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Bookit mystery deal - Gran Bahia??

-bump -

Would anyone consider booking a mystery deal like this opr have I gone insane??

It seems like a great deal, $2200 for 6 nights for 2 including flights in March......

Though we are flexible and have good travel attitudes, I wonder if I'd be disappointed having only been to 2 AI's before, both Excellence though we are ready to give other properties a spin!

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
13,606 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bookit mystery deal - Gran Bahia??

That simply menas that a youth under 18 cannot check in without adult supervision.

Cheers

PCMike

Boston...
Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bookit mystery deal - Gran Bahia??

did anyone find out if this is indeed Gran Bahia?

...curious! :)

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bookit mystery deal - Gran Bahia??

The Amber is next to the Gran Bahia........are you sure thats not the one they mean?

7. Re: Bookit mystery deal - Gran Bahia??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2010, 05:17