We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

grand palladium imperial club - questions

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
699 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
grand palladium imperial club - questions

has anyone stayed here recently?

had to cancel our vaction in nov. (we had booked aruba) now have decided to go to punta cana in Jan.

are the rooms closer to the beach?

can you use all the other amenities of the hotel?

is it worth booking this room or staying at the royal suites?

thanks!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
699 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: grand palladium imperial club - questions

anyone??

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
699 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: grand palladium imperial club - questions

bump...

Ottawa
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: grand palladium imperial club - questions

The Imperial club gives you all of the features of all the Palladium sides execpt the Royal side. You may get closer to the beach but all that the Imperial club gives you is a welcome basket in your room on check in and a few other extras like bathrobes and slippers. The Royal side is extra$$ and is nice if you want your own quiet space. We have stayed at the Bavaro side several times (last year we had the Imperial club) and this year we are booked for the Palace side - just to try something new, We LOVE the Palladium - it has everyything - beautiful beach, good food, lots of activities and pools - because it is so big, it never feels crowded. You will love it too!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
699 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: grand palladium imperial club - questions

thank you!

i think for the $$ this resort looks very nice.

just need to decide which side we want to stay on.

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: grand palladium imperial club - questions

have been 3x heading back for #4 in feb. we love the royal for a number of reasons

-like that the royal guests can make reservations but imperial gives you 5 reservations

-like that the royal lobby has AC none of the other lobbies do

-love love the royal gourmet- lobster on the menu, lobster will cost you $35 per person in the rest of the resort

-love the private beach and the bali beds

-love the drink and snack service at the pool and the beach ( pizza and fruit kabobs)

-as I am not a fruity drink person, nor is beer my thing I like the availability of champagne in the royal section. Heminways is the only other bar that has it and I think the other buffets have it 3 mornings a week ( this could have changed) also like the upgraded wine.

-butler service is a nice touch and they are very helpful, will pretty much arrange anything

-room service available in the royal section which is a really nice option as there are some time spots that the only place to get food is the sports bar

-pillow menu included in the royal the memory foam pillow was to die for

-memory foam beds

-no kids

-no animation team at the royal beach or pool

just checked prices out of Toronto for my dates, and its only 150-200 more for the royal over imperial class, for me its worth it. ( better to book the royal before you go............info on the palladium addict website gives upgrading to the royal as more then the prices above)

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: grand palladium imperial club - questions

forgot to add, the royal has a large selection of rooms including swim up suites of course the higher room categories cost more. the price I gave was for the deluxe junior suite when we were there in June to upgrade to a swim up suite was 16$ per night.

Erieau, Canada
Destination Expert
for Punta Cana
Level Contributor
15,195 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: grand palladium imperial club - questions

Excellent resort, heading there on Friday for my 6th visit.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
699 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: grand palladium imperial club - questions

thanks sukie & hlywud!

just waiting for my Dr.'s ok to travel and my refund cheque from the insurance company before we book but it looks like the palladium royal suites!

can you book the al la cartes as many times as you want if staying at the royal?

On
Level Contributor
3,421 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: grand palladium imperial club - questions

yes you can!

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: grand palladium imperial club - questions

You have made an excellent choice for your vacation destination. We were there last month and had the most beautiful vacation. Enjoy!!!!