We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to secrets on the 30th and would love any info...

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edwardsville...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Topic
Heading to secrets on the 30th and would love any info...

My wife and I and 5 other couples have been rebooked from Cancun to PC secrets, and have no idea what to expect. I hear it is rainy, will there still be plenty to do? We love to drink and relax and didn't plan on leaving the resort anyway. Also, we have only stayed at Sandals before, and tipping is not permitted, what is it like here, and how much of a tip should be given. Any other info would be greatly appreciated. We just found out we were going here today, and now everybody is freaking out. Thanks So Much

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Heading to secrets on the 30th and would love any info...

Relax, Out of 4 trips to Secrets we had rain on 1 day. Yes we had plenty of showers in the early evening but not much else. Better food in general than Sandals. More romantic than Sandals. A little less in the activity department compared to Sandals.

Tip a buck or 2 for good service only. Tip the maid and stay away from the people that complain if the ice is to cold or the sun is to hot.

Kevin

5th trip to Secrets this Christmas. hehe

kackley@neo.rr.com

Edwardsville...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Heading to secrets on the 30th and would love any info...

thanks, that helps. Anxiety setting in...

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
452 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heading to secrets on the 30th and would love any info...

You will love Secrets. There is a sports bar which is where we hung out when it rained - pool table, ping pong, darts, board games, etc. But it didn't rain that much and definately not enough to ruin our trip. The lobby area is all open air, but covered, so if it rains a lot of people hang in that area since there are two bars. You definately won't be bored even if it does rain.

As for drinking and relaxing, there is a swim up bar at the main pool that you and your group will have a great time at.