We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Items you forgot to pack / recommend packing.

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Items you forgot to pack / recommend packing.

Hi All

Are there any items you wish you would have packed when you came to DR, or items you realised you needed that you didn't have.

Also is there anything else you definitely recommend packing / taking with you ?

Not seen a thread like this for a while unless im mistaken.

Looking forward to seeing what people list.

Thanks

H

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
73 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Items you forgot to pack / recommend packing.

I have been taking the hangers we get from our dry cleaners on our last few trips. Seems like wherever we stay there are never enough hangers so this has eliminated the problem. Then when our vacation is done we just leave the hangers in the closet for the next person or to be thrown away.

toronto
Level Contributor
865 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Items you forgot to pack / recommend packing.

I wish I had remembered to bring Afterbite.

Belleville,Ontario
Level Contributor
115 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Items you forgot to pack / recommend packing.

I've been doing some research for our trip in February and here are a few things I've seen mentioned:

Kleenex

Alarm Clock

Fabreeze

and of course your BUBBA MUGS!

Happy Travelling!

england
Level Contributor
5,648 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Items you forgot to pack / recommend packing.

Hi There

One thing we wished we'd taken last trip.. Plastic food containers (the take away type)

Ideal for taking hot food back to the room.

If you're stuck in there because you've got children or not feeling to good & the hotel doesn't provide room service.

Happy hols

Sparky

Bayville, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,420 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Items you forgot to pack / recommend packing.

Hi, Make sure you either change the batteries in your camera or bring extras with you. The last two times I went away the batteries went dead and had to be replaced. Of course the only place to get them was the gift shop at $6 for two AA batteries.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
87 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Items you forgot to pack / recommend packing.

I often forget to bring my hat/cap, my head gets sunburnt if I don't wear one,

also it's nice to have some scented candles for the room, sometimes we forget those.

Cheers

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
178 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Items you forgot to pack / recommend packing.

We have been taking Bounce sheets, we place these in any drawers and on the shelves in the closets, takes away and smell that maybe there, also if the mosquitos get bad just place one in your shirt collar and it keeps them away and it smells better than off, we do this in Canada while camping and it works great. Enjoy your trip we leave in 5 days

Ottawa
Level Contributor
596 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Items you forgot to pack / recommend packing.

It's hit and miss as to whether you get a face cloth in your room. We always bring down a couple of COLOURED ones. Don't bring white ones, or the maid will think they belong to the resort.

Also, we bring ZipLoc sandwich bags to take cookie or muffins when we are returning back home. Something to eat at the airport. Also, you may want to bring a little snack back to your room at night for those late night hungers.

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,848 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Items you forgot to pack / recommend packing.

Those bounce sheets are good to tie onto the A/C outlet with a wire tag and it keeps the room smelling fresh, especially if it is a little damp.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Items you forgot to pack / recommend packing.

An extra pair of sunglasses and extra lip balm in case something goes missing.