We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Immunizations

Atlanta,Ga
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Travel Immunizations

Hey! Anyone here from the U.S get travel immunizations before traveling abroad? And.... what about malarial drugs!

Thanks, Jean-Marie

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Immunizations

Please do a search in the "forum search" box. It is disscused regularly..also a touchy subject.

Best to contact your physician.

Toronto
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Immunizations

Hi there,

Im not from the US but from Canada, and before I left for the DR my doctor only advise me to get the twinX shot for Hep A and Hep B. So for the malarial drug, thats really up to you but I have been there about 15 times and never took those only cause we have a website here for health canada and I just look it up to see if its high season for it. Im sure the US has a website on travel updates as well so I would check that out. I wont worry to much just wear light colours and use spray with DEET.

Happy Travels :)

3. Re: Travel Immunizations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2010, 05:17