We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IBB Reviews

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
246 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
IBB Reviews

I have been keeping a close eye on the reviews. I was a bit disturbed by the last one. Esp. when the person said that someone went into their daughter's room around 10 pm. Anyone frequent guests at the IBB have any reassuring or experiences?

Daytona Beach...
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
3,539 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IBB Reviews

I read the review... don't know the details but there is a lock on the door you put on when in the room that prevents anyone from coming in also we always used the do not disturb sign. Why someone would come into the room at 10 is beyond me.. usually if they have a letter they deliver it under the door... (they send out a repeat guest invite to a reception every week).

I have never felt unsafe at the IBB.. as with any place you have to know your surroundings... but never once in the 7 times I have been there did I feel afraid or unsafe.

N.H.
Level Contributor
15,323 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IBB Reviews

Just an idea but if you feel nervous take a door stop with you and put it down at night when your in bed.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
13,810 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IBB Reviews

Sometimes the notice is stuck in your door frame and sometimes it's stuck under the door, if it's windy they may also KNOCK first and may enter to leave the notice on your bed. I have had this happen to me while staying there and sometimes after KNOCKING and you don't answer I have had invites and flowers etc. delivered. Never felt unsafe at this resort.

Kitchener, ON
Level Contributor
246 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IBB Reviews

Thanks for the idea guys. It really helped put my mind at ease! :-)

North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,577 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IBB Reviews

Have never been inside the rooms, we stayed at the Grand a couple of weeks ago...but went all over the outside of the property...at the beach bar, the buffet and all over the grounds looking at the gorgeous Christmas lites...the place is stunning, immaculate and security abounds.

Staff is superb, even more so than other Iberostar properties in my opinion..and that is saying alot! There is no way you can avoid having a great time at a resort like that! Just wonderful! If I can figure out a way, I'm going to be there next year....or maybe this year... ; p

6. Re: IBB Reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2010, 06:18