We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe for a woman to travel alone to Punta Cana?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Topic
Safe for a woman to travel alone to Punta Cana?

A friend of mine is planning a trip south by herself. I suggested Punta Cana and she asked how safe it was to travel alone? I have only been with a group so couldn't answer. I know I felt quite safe there. She's a smart woman with common sense.

Any advice?

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
5,830 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe for a woman to travel alone to Punta Cana?

She will be fine on the resort.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe for a woman to travel alone to Punta Cana?

Hi Almo,

I've traveled to Punta Cana many times of the years always as a woman alone and never had any issues.

Just always aware of my surroundings ... and common sense... is all it takes to have a great time!

I normally do not travel alone off the resort...either I will take a tour or go with someone that I know...

I hope your friend has a great time! I know I always do! I'm headed back Jan 16th.

Happy Travels!

bb/mt

Grand Rapids...
Level Contributor
866 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe for a woman to travel alone to Punta Cana?

I think AmyAmsterdam travels alone..she has a live thread going on right now from Iberostar Grand and she has been quite a few places.

~Angie

London, Canada
Level Contributor
926 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe for a woman to travel alone to Punta Cana?

I will be traveling to Punta Cana alone on January 16th (well, not technically alone because I will be taking my 15 month old baby with me but same idea). I was just in Punta Cana last October and walked every day off the resort, both on the beach for long distances in each direction, and in the village and further down the road. I never once felt uncomfortable walking around alone off the resort during the day.

5. Re: Safe for a woman to travel alone to Punta Cana?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2010, 06:20