We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All booked 4 march in Dreams Palm Beach, few questions......

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
645 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
All booked 4 march in Dreams Palm Beach, few questions......

Hi,

Well after much deliberation and advice from TA forum members we have booked for a family holiday in Dreams Palm Beach in march. We have booked an AI package through british tour operator first choice, but were wondering about the Preference upgrade, does anyone know how much it costs and is it worth it (as there didn´t seem to be an option when I booked)?

Also lots of TA members have mentioned tipping staff, now should this be done at the beginning of the holiday, or for example every time you get a drink, or at the end of the holiday?! And how much should we tip? Sorry for the stupid questions!!

Can anyone recommend a specific room that we should book, travelling with our 4 year old daughter, so close to beach, pool or kids club might be an idea....

Is it a good idea to bring your own beach towels as well as using the hotels towels?

Last question (I hope!) my daughter has an allergy to cows milk, does anyone know if the hotel provides an alternative? I was thinking of bringing our own supply of OAT milk but wasn´t sure on the restrictions of bringing it into the country.

Many thanks to you all,

roll on March!

Raff

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
645 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All booked 4 march in Dreams Palm Beach, few questions......

BUMP

Any help please?!

Raff

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All booked 4 march in Dreams Palm Beach, few questions......

Hi Raff!

I'm headed there day tomorrow so be on the look out for my live from posts...

In the meantime I'll try to answer some of your questions..

Not sure of the cost of the upgrade at the resort but you can write to Hilario the Chief Concierge:

concierge@dreamspalmbeachpuntacana.com.do

I tip all during my stay...for the bars every 2 or 3 drinks or whenever I feel its deserved.

For the maid every day a few $$$ on the pillow

They provide Beach Towels so no need to pack them unless you really want to.

About the milk I would suggest writing down to Hilario about that one. They are very good with food alergies and trying to make the guests with dietary needs comfortable.

Happy Travels,

bb/mt

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
645 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All booked 4 march in Dreams Palm Beach, few questions......

Many thanks, much appreciated for that advice...hope you are havinga great time, from your pictures it certainly looks that way!!

Raff

4. Re: All booked 4 march in Dreams Palm Beach, few questions......

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2010, 08:17