We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!!! Recommendations for couple 27-30yrs old?

T.O
Level Contributor
131 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
HELP!!! Recommendations for couple 27-30yrs old?

Hello,

I have never been to DR and neither has my bf. We have both been to Mexico and I have been to cuba. We are thinking about the DR b/c i have heard the beaches are gorgeous! I am curious about the food,activities and entertainment. Can you leave the resort at all....what some major differences between cuba, mexico and DR........is there a great resort we should consider.....

We want to relax, meet some ppl around our age, do some tours, and maybe do something a few nights........my bf is also picky about food...Hence why we probably wont go to cuba.

Thanks for your help!

K

Bavaro Runners Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
HorsePlay Punta Cana
Horseback Riding Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Private Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Dos Bananas
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Eco Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Destiny Caribbean Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Water Sports, Scuba & Snorkeling, Swim with Dolphins, Private Tours
moorhead, mn
Level Contributor
500 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP!!! Recommendations for couple 27-30yrs old?

There has not been one trip yet where my husband and I hooked up with people our own age (26 and 27)...but it did not matter!! We have always made friends with the people that are there...which have happened to be people 40-60 years old. Still had the time of our lives!! I think a trip is what you make it. Hope this helps a bit.

Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
1,690 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP!!! Recommendations for couple 27-30yrs old?

You might be better off going to Puerto Plata area. Punta Cana is all about the beach. Take that away and you have nothing. If you have a rainy of windy day you are done. Puerto Plata is all about fun,excitement ,variety, and lots to do! Punta Cana is more about boring and beautiful. It's a place more for families and 90 year olds to relax.

The Playa Dorada Complex might be more of your thing.(or Costa Dorada 20 minute beach walk away. Throw in Puerto Plata, Sosua, and Caberete, all close by and you'll need weeks to see and do things. Everything is close by, with the airport right in the middle.

Punta Cana you wil be board stiff after a couple of days. Clientle is different in Punta Cana and you might not like it. Ex: Read pcm and you will fall asleep in seconds and change your mind.

I stayed at the Grand Oasis Marien in Puerto Plata (Costa Dorada)and it was the most complete holiday I've ever had. Every self indulgence known to mankind! The beach there is one of the best I've been to and only a beautiful 20 minute beach walk or 5 minute cab ride away to the Playa Dorada Complex.

Good luck in your search.

moorhead, mn
Level Contributor
500 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP!!! Recommendations for couple 27-30yrs old?

someone isn't a fan of Punta Cana...90 year olds (how many 90 year olds do you know that travel out of the country?)

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
73 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP!!! Recommendations for couple 27-30yrs old?

We have been to both Mexico and Punta Cana and had just as good a time at either one. We are three couples going in April in our early 30's 32 - 34. The night life is not comparable to Cancun but we make our own fun on the resort in PC. The food is comparable to Mexico but maybe not as good. But the beaches are much better.

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP!!! Recommendations for couple 27-30yrs old?

Have a look at the post "Overwhelmed AI question" (Jan 20th).

See my reply #6 about nightlife

btw Punta Cana beaches are the best in the DR - the water is turquoise and clear, the sand is white (Puerto Plata is Atlantic ocean and not the same colour).

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP!!! Recommendations for couple 27-30yrs old?

Wow to poster #2....bummer that you didn't find any fun.

We have been to Punta Cana 3 times and had a blast everytime. We met many people ranging from 20-70 and had fun with all of them.

We would go back every year if I could, but we do like to check out other islands. We are trying to plan every other year now, one away one back.

Grand Palladium Resort and Spa was awesome and so was the RIU Bambu. Bambu needs a bit of updating, but we had a blast with several people from England and Canada.

Beach is great, it's what you make of your trip that will make or break it. I would not hesitate to recommend PC.

Happy travels.

Leduc
Level Contributor
335 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP!!! Recommendations for couple 27-30yrs old?

Punta Cana is my favorite place .Been there 3 times and going twice in Feb this year. We are taking our boys age 14 & 16 once and meeting sister and friends again for the second one. It has the most beautiful floury white sand for miles... the beach is like Cancun but better Puerto Plata is more like Puerto Vallarta Mexico. the dark sand and the dark water. A vacation is what you make of it. We meet all ages of people We are 47 &48 . Travel with twin sister and her two or three friends all 40's. Met a younger couple last year 27-30 and they hung with us all week they were there. They may even join us again this year.. as they had so much fun with us. No we did not go to the Disco.. But we did see sunrise each and every morning. We go for 10 days and have NEVER been bored stiff... And Sorry Solar1224 we are only halfway to 90.

Michigan
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: HELP!!! Recommendations for couple 27-30yrs old?

Now That's Funny......

T.O
Level Contributor
131 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: HELP!!! Recommendations for couple 27-30yrs old?

Thank you for your help everyone! We are def considering Punta Cuna. We arent so sure about which resort though. Are there many adventure tours/excursions to go on? Is it safe to leave the resort?

moorhead, mn
Level Contributor
500 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: HELP!!! Recommendations for couple 27-30yrs old?

yes there are things to do...look on the left hand side of the page and click on "things to do." You will find things here and I have heard great things about PC Mike's Adventures!

I do not think it is recommended to leave the resort unless you are going on a guided tour...