We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Checking In question for UK fliers

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Checking In question for UK fliers

Just looking at booking an hotel for the night before we fly to Punta Cana

We have booked with Thomas Cook and are flying on the 29th July 10-55am from manchester

Can we check in the night before and then just turn up at the airport on the morning???

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,992 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Checking In question for UK fliers

littlebw,

I am afraid Thomas Cook does not have twilight check in available anymore, so you will have to be at the airport 3 hours before departure.....its only Thomson that has night before check in available, which wont help you with this flight.

Angie.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Checking In question for UK fliers

Thanks Ange

We are booking into the Bewleys Hotel Manchester Airport so i presume we could get up then go to airport say 3 1/2 hours before flight to check in then walk back to hotel for our breakfast then go back to airport say an hour before flight due to leave?

would this be feasible?

Devon, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
38,992 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Checking In question for UK fliers

Yes its feasible to go back to your hotel for breakfast but I would'nt leave going back to the airport that late as you will need time to get through security and that does take some time all depending on how many flights are leaving around your own flight time. Also flights are normally called at least 45 mins before boarding and then you have to find your Gate number.Plus you will have to think of shuttle bus to and from airport how quick they are at being ready for your transfers. Just make sure you leave yourself plenty of time getting backwards and forwards to airport and what it entails of getting through security.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3,260 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Checking In question for UK fliers

i agree with the above poster. you don't have to much time to waste at the airport. it takes a while to get through several security checks and scanners and finding the right gate , also you are on they will start to board the plane more than 30 mins before take off. i would opt for getting breakfast at the airport and that will eat some of the time , plus a wander round the shops. bg

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
415 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Checking In question for UK fliers

Thanks all

Isle of Man
Destination Expert
for Cabarete
Level Contributor
1,168 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Checking In question for UK fliers

Bewley's is very close by with regular shuttle, so while bearing in mind the advice re getting through security, you should have plenty of time to go back and have a comfortable breakfast. If you do decide to do it that way, don't check out of the hotel until you come back for breakfast. That way, if there are any delays you still have your room. I was delayed due to the snow in January so I was able to return to bed for a few hours after checking in, which was much more comfortable than joining everyone else at the airport! If you don't have a delay, then just check out when you return to the hotel for breakfast... sorted!

If you are taking a laptop or have a wi-fi enabled phone, you can use the wi-fi at Bewely's to keep an eye on the flight departure times to make sure you allow enough time to get through security.

Last thing to consider, the breakfast at Bewley's isn't cheap. The breakfast at the food-hall in the departure lounge at the airport is a similar price, but with 'unlimited' coffee/tea, which at regular prices, is useful if you want more than a couple of drinks.

7. Re: Checking In question for UK fliers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2010, 07:18