We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paintings for sale ???

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
243 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Paintings for sale ???

We want to buy a couple of paintings that they sell at almost all shops in Punta Cana. Has anyone ever bought these paintings ? How much did you pay ? Is there one place better than another, for a cheaper price ? How much haggle room is there on the price ? Any info would be appreciated.

Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paintings for sale ???

Can't help you much with your question, but can suggest that if you think you will be buying a painting,you should think about bringing a "tube" with you to protect your painting on the way home..,not sure if most places,esp. small booths would have them.

Ottawa Canada
Level Contributor
243 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paintings for sale ???

Good idea, I never thought about that. Thanks.

Barrie, Ontario
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Paintings for sale ???

It depends on the painting and whether it goes wow to you. I have negotiated and sometimes not. Depends on the painting and the price and size. Go what you think is right.

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paintings for sale ???

We have paid any where from $10 for a small painting to $60 for a 3x5 foot that we really liked. The vedor rolled the painting up then wrapped it in packing paper.

But the tube idea is great!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paintings for sale ???

We bought a painting a couple of years ago and the tube idea is fantastic. We found that the ones at the resorts, obviously, are more expensive and there was less room to bargain with them. We went to the market on the beach and bought one there. They started extremely high saying it took many hours and was done with oil etc, etc. It will depend on the size of the painting as others have said. We got a large one for $30US and it had started at $100US.......it was hard to narrow down which one we wanted because they were all so beautiful!

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,884 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paintings for sale ???

lol, did the same with us.

Montréal
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Paintings for sale ???

I bought 2 big paintings (about 2 1/2 feet x 3 feet) and I paid 25$ & about 35$ for the other one. You can bargain a lot!! Trust me

Good luck!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
202 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paintings for sale ???

We bought 2 with a bunch of Taino symbols on them. They weren't too big, probably like 1ft by 1.5ft. I believe we got them 2 for $30. We've got them in our living room and smile whenever we see them thinking of the great memories.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
522 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paintings for sale ???

cheap prices and nice ones at the Punta Cana airport I could not believe the selection and how cheap they were.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,166 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paintings for sale ???

the one i got was about 3 feet in size too ( i think) it's large and i paid i think 60us. He woudl not go under, we even left and went to another shop and they had one similar ( same colors and similar pattern) and he was around the same. so i caved and got it as i really wanted it bad! the other ones i got were small, maybe 3x5 or so and paid 5-7 us each.