We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Palm Beach

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
illinois
4 posts
Save Topic
Dreams Palm Beach

I am going 2/18/2010 to Dreams Palm Beach and a couple questions I hope someone can answer.

Is there a safe way to bring back Cuban cigars?

Is there much nudity?

Is marijuana widely used?

Have you been there and what is your opion of this place?

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Palm Beach

"Is there much nudity?" people in bikinis and speedos: Yes. Topless: a few. Full nudity: no.

"Is marijuana widely used?" No, the DR is not a drug tolerant country. I wouldn't risk bringing your own supply as they regularly use sniffer dogs at Punta Cana airport.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
13,161 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Palm Beach

Hola!

Was just at Dreams Palm Beach...

Not sure about bringing back Cigars or if you will get REAL Cubans. I would suggest when you are at the resort to talk to Duncan at the AMStar Desk or Guest Services to find out where to get the best Cigars and how to take them back home.

While I was there I saw some toplessness, but not a lot. Never saw any total nudity.

As far as I `know marijuana is illegal there like it is in the US. Maybe you were asking about MAMAJUANA the drink that is made of herbs and roots and mixed with RUM and Honey and served quite often at the bars there and throughout the Dominican Republic

Happy Travels,

bb/mt

Fredericton, Canada
Destination Expert
for Fredericton, St. John's
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Palm Beach

We have seen the K-9 crew on all trips into the Punta Cana Airport.

As mentioned, it's a big no-no in the DR. You do not want to get caught with it in your posession.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
240 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Palm Beach

Very easy to find mariuana in punta cana, just ask the people who try to sell you necklaces and cigars, was just at dreams palm beach and finding mariuana was very very easy. Have a great trip

5. Re: Dreams Palm Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2010, 08:17