We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any uk customers used Caribbean Collection to book Holiday??

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Any uk customers used Caribbean Collection to book Holiday??

I have got a very good price for the Majestic Colonial from Caribbean Collection, so just wanted to know if anyone else had booked with them. The price is £100pp cheaper than Thomson website. The flights are with thompson but the hotel is booked with the Global travel who own Craibean Collection who have a direct contract with the hotel.

The price also was cheaper than Caribbean Warehouse by £70pp.

Can anyone put my mind at rest??

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
glasgow
Level Contributor
587 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any uk customers used Caribbean Collection to book Holiday??

Do they still include the airport transfers for that ? We are interested in the same hotel and may give them a go if feedback is good.

Altrincham, Cheshire
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any uk customers used Caribbean Collection to book Holiday??

They are absolutely fine - we've booked with them, well The Holiday Place, who are all part of the same company, all ATOL and ABTA protected. We have booked our flights direct with Thomson and the Iberostar Grand Bavaro hotel through The Holiday Place and we saved £400 doing it this way rather with First Choice who are the only operator to sell it as a package.

Mentioned in this post
Iberostar Grand Bavaro
Iberostar Grand Bavaro
11,006 Reviews
Dominican Republic
glasgow
Level Contributor
587 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any uk customers used Caribbean Collection to book Holiday??

Just done a google search and found this on the company from someone who used them.

Absolutely shocking company I would advise anybody booking with Caribbean Collection to think again ... I booked a 2 week holiday to Dom Rep, 5 star, direct flights and the transfer not being to far from the airport as my wife had our 2 year old daughter with her. Instead she got to Gatwick airport, alighted the plane to find out that they had to connect in Manchester which put an extra 3 hours on there flight, then when they finally arrived in DR the hotel that was provided was a 3 hour (not 20 ...

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any uk customers used Caribbean Collection to book Holiday??

Did you have any issues with not having a thompson or first choice rep, how was the rep and transfer they provided for you?

Global Travel seem to own many companys, Caribbean Warehouse, Blue Bay, The Holiday Place to name a few.

Been looking on the search section on here and many seem to use them without issues.

The above issue, seems to be the customer not checking the Flights and transfer times and not the company.

However any other feedback would be appreciated.

Cat,

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
manchester england
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Any uk customers used Caribbean Collection to book Holiday??

hi used the holiday place in january, didnt need the rep as i had stayed at the resort before and didnt want to book any trips, on arrival at pc airport guy waiting with name board for transfer on a minibus only me on it there and back, had to ring the bus companys office 24 hours before departure to confirm pickup, no problems at all and it beat sitting on a coach going fron resort to resort which meant it was quicker, would use them again no problem, dave

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,183 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any uk customers used Caribbean Collection to book Holiday??

We always use Caribbean Warehouse as they are very professional

Personally, I would never use Caribbean Collections as I have heard so many horror stories about them and how they treated people during the swine flu problems last year was unbelievable

I few years ago I did speak with them and they told me a pack of lies about some other companies so I never went back to them

Please PM me if you want any more information

Edited: 18 February 2010, 23:47
Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,454 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any uk customers used Caribbean Collection to book Holiday??

Flipflop_man

Are they really that bad, but i thought they were all owned by Global Travel, i did call Caribbean Warehouse first after you sent me the number and spoke to Kevin who was very helpfull and gave me a price of £1219pp for 2 weeks at Majestic Colonial. Then Caribbean Collection came in at £1149pp so it was a fair difference between the 2 prices.

Having never booked long haul like this, on our 6 Domincain trips we have allways gone through First Choice etc. I am now slightly worried who to book with.......

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Majestic Colonial Punta Cana
Majestic Colonial Punta...
19,125 Reviews
Dominican Republic
Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,183 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any uk customers used Caribbean Collection to book Holiday??

Hi

As far as I am aware they are all privately own companies that come under a group umbrella for purchasing powers, etc. I am sure that CC will have some very happy customers but all I can say is that I personally would never use them as I do not like companies who lie or unfairly run down their competitors

Last year during the swine flu outbreak they refused to give refunds to people but rather gave them a credit to book another holiday with them at another date

All too often have I heard that when they have undercut another companies price that it has not been on a like for like basis. Their normal ploy is to ask you what other prices you have had and they will try to undercut them.

I would check exactly what they have offered you for the price quoted and then phone the like of Caribbean Warehouse and some others back to see if they will price match it or to see what is or is not included

Only this week I had a PM from someone who had booked through CC and he found when he got his tickets that they had "misinformed" him of the luggage allowance - not good

In the past I have paid slightly more for a holiday on the basis that I know i will get superior service from the company I have booked with - holidays are meant to be problem free

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
glasgow
Level Contributor
587 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any uk customers used Caribbean Collection to book Holiday??

In my view you are sometimes better paying slightly more in order to save yourself the worry. I would not book with a company with bad reviews just because they are the cheapest.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
62,183 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any uk customers used Caribbean Collection to book Holiday??

Correct