We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Punta Cana vs. Bavaro Beach Help needed PLEASE

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Punta Cana vs. Bavaro Beach Help needed PLEASE

I am trying to figure out the best area for beaches. Where would we have the best water and beauty?

Thanks for your help....Trying to plan a vacation for June.

La Ronge, Canada
Level Contributor
2,352 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Punta Cana vs. Bavaro Beach Help needed PLEASE

Do you like the water calm or do you like some waves to play in? That will help others advise you.... As far as beauty, ALL of Punta Cana is beautiful, so it won't matter where you stay for that!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Punta Cana vs. Bavaro Beach Help needed PLEASE

Some waves would be ok since our teens would enjoy them, but don't want the ones I've read about people drowning or coming close. Thanks for that suggestion.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,563 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Punta Cana vs. Bavaro Beach Help needed PLEASE

This is a description of the beaches in Punta Cana written by Mike Fisher.

He lives on the beach and runs a fishing business in Punta Cana. I think it is a perfect description and I hope you find it useful.

there is no ugly bad beach in the area which is known/named Punta Cana, not even on the rough northern part in Uvero Alto, because the resorts there like the Excellence, Sivory, Agua Blue, Sirenis and Dreams Punta Cana have very well and nice prepared beach areas suitable for a stunning caribbean beach vacation. it is just not all around the year swimmable, so in my own Beach ranking opinion i would rank them as the worst, but just for that:

not always swimmable, from their preparation and looking like they are just beautiful and beat any i.e. northamerican beach by far.

then we have northern Bavaro Beach area which has some rough and many calm days, that can be taken on a map from it's northern part at the Barcelo Punta Cana Premium til it's southern end at the Barcelo Dominican Beach with in the middle the Iberostar section as a calmer part and the Paradisus Punta Cana due to a opening in the barrier reef east of the hotel as the rougher one.

from there on from the Los Corales Villas til the end of the Barcelo Bavaro Beach Resort we have that absolutely stunning perfect postcard picture beach with supercalm turquousie waters the very most time of the year, there is a tropical strom or such over the area needed to take that picture away.

the next bay south of that original bavaro beach is Cabeza de Toro, my own homebeach, all around the year supercalm, perfect quiet waters, but i have to admit that the neighboured Bavaro Beach is nicer prepared, even just a lil bit, but i give them the lil bit higher note than my homebeach.

then more south of here we have the rocky Cabo Engano coastline, no hotel on that little pice of heaven on earth, then comes the airport PUJ and then the next top part, PUNTA CANA, which is the Punta Cana Resort and Club, Tortuga Bay, Arrecife, La Cana Golf Course, all the same property and ownership than the airport itself, supercalm, perfectly white, turquoise water color, just postcard picture like.

right next door we come to the end of the east coast named Punta Cana, the huge Cap Cana Property development, some parts finished, many more to come, all top notch and like on the PC Resort and Club side no AI available, aside the Punta Cana Resort & Club with Tortuga Bay the top level accomodation on the dominican east coast, their Juanillo Beach can not be beaten by any beach on the globe.

but hey,

many differences from one beach area to an other are in lil details,

to rank one above an other does sure not mean that the 'other' is a ugly piece of ocean front, lol.

there is no bad beach on the dominican east coast.

Edited: 27 February 2010, 18:14
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Punta Cana vs. Bavaro Beach Help needed PLEASE

Great piece of information, thanks a bunch!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
4,563 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Punta Cana vs. Bavaro Beach Help needed PLEASE

There is an excellent map of the beaches described above on this website.

puntacanatv.com

Bayahibe, Dominican...
Level Contributor
2,103 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Punta Cana vs. Bavaro Beach Help needed PLEASE

There are a couple of beach videos also on the link above (more coming soon). Plus check out YouTube for hundreds of Punta Cana beach vids.

I would also say that the northern beaches of Uvero Alto have sand which is kind of dark golden brown. The further south you go the whiter the sand ie Cortecito and south of that is where the sand is white.

Punta Cana...
Level Contributor
24,104 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Punta Cana vs. Bavaro Beach Help needed PLEASE

that's right,

and those maps on PuntaCanaTV.com are great, they are even on scale, what all other maps i know about the area do not provide, to get an idea about the real distance between spots.

happy travels

Mike

8. Re: Punta Cana vs. Bavaro Beach Help needed PLEASE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2010, 05:17