We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Secrets P.C. Garden view vs. Swim out?

Which Punta Cana hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Secrets P.C. Garden view vs. Swim out?

My wife and I will be staying at SECRETS P.C. 01/13-01/20 . After looking at room prices we chose JR. GARDEN VIEW . The extra $ 500.00 for a Swim Out didn't seem worth it . Am I wrong?

Lima, Oh
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Secrets P.C. Garden view vs. Swim out?

From my experience from my 2 trips to SEPC, there is not much difference in the rooms unless you have a master suite or the honeymoon suite. The main difference is the view and access to the pool. You could get a hundred opinions on which rooms are the best, but it all depends where your priorities are. Most days, once we left our room in the morning, we did not return until it was time to clean up for dinner. For our needs, the basic junior suites are more than enough.

new hampshire
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Secrets P.C. Garden view vs. Swim out?

What are the jacussis like in the rooms? ore they just jets in the bath tupbs or are they really jacuuzi type items? My husband thinks they are just glorified bathtubs advertised as jacuzzis in the room of the junior garden view deluxe rooms .

ohio
Level Contributor
573 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Secrets P.C. Garden view vs. Swim out?

We had a regular gardenview. I do wish we would of paid extra for the swimout pool or at least the oceanview, but I can't complain.

the hotel, rooms everything is just awesome

to be honest.. it is a large, sunkin tub with jacuzzi jets in the middle of the room. we never even once used ours!

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
452 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Secrets P.C. Garden view vs. Swim out?

Personally I don't think the extra $$ for the swimout room is worth it, but others disagree. It is really a personal preference. Yes you can literally walk steps from your room to the pool....but in my opinion you also lose a lot of privacy.

West Caldwell, NJ
Level Contributor
98 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Secrets P.C. Garden view vs. Swim out?

They DO have SHOWERS at Secrets, right? I hear so much about the jacuzzi's, but nothing about a shower (which is my personal favorite way to bathe).

Rochester, NY
Level Contributor
452 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Secrets P.C. Garden view vs. Swim out?

Yes there are showers and jacuzzi tubs.

Charlotte, NC
Level Contributor
141 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Secrets P.C. Garden view vs. Swim out?

Nettieplee is correct it's a matter of personal preference. Ours was we loved the swim out pool room we had and we were glad we went with it.

It was nice to walk out of our room into the pool. We actually did it a lot. We never had a problem with privacy either.

It really depends on you. Do you think you'd go in and out of the pool to your room a lot? Do you think you'd like to have a drink or lunch on your patio and then walk a few steps to the pool. Or do you think you'll barely be at the pool?

I've got tons of pictures if you'd like to see. Just give me your email address and I'll send you a link.

Have a great time, as I'm sure you will either way:)

Laura

Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Secrets P.C. Garden view vs. Swim out?

do you think it was worth 280 per person more...what does the view look like from the garden view rooms...it is anywhere near the pool or are they all on the other side of the resort or are they all scattered...I don,t want to be to far from the pools and rest of the fun and beach? please kind of explain the grounds to us ok....thanks

Lima, Oh
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Secrets P.C. Garden view vs. Swim out?

To be honest, some of the garden view do not have much of a view, while others are quite nice. The positive thing about the way Secrets is layed out is, your really never much more than a 5 minute walk to where you want to go on the resort. Here is a link to a map of Secrets. Hope it helps.

…webshots.com/photo/35960617/79588194ikQqGR

Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Secrets P.C. Garden view vs. Swim out?

thanks for the info...Im sure we will be happy with our room...How are the swim up bars?